PrograMill CAM Nesting Color

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm new to this version of software and was wondering, is there any way to change to color of the crowns when nesting?
It's a magenta color, and at times I have a hard time seeing what way it's being nested at (bucally or lingually)
until I click on the empty area of the disc to get the color to change to a more neutral gray, and see the view options at the bottom.

I couldn't see an option in the color settings.
Thank you for any suggestions or help you can offer :)

programill.PNG

programill2.PNG

programill3.PNG

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Not that i know of, if so then it is in a file somewhere. I know i was able to create disk colors so all my different ZR have specific colors making it easier to find in the disc browser.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Sevan :)

I had called Ivoclar support before posting this thread, but wasn't sure that the overseas tech was confident of his answer, a bit of lost in translation thing going on. But that's what it came down to, that he wasn't sure it could be changed either.

Changing the disc color is the next best option, having the zirconia which is most frequently used be in the white color for a better contrast against the magenta color crowns, and go from there with the other types of discs.

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Here is mine

STML Purple
HTML orange
ST Grey
HT plus Tanish
Prime is ivos default
white ones are previous disk before i applied the colors.
DISC COLORS.jpg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Here is mine

STML Purple
HTML orange
ST Grey
HT plus Tanish
Prime is ivos default
white ones are previous disk before i applied the colors.
View attachment 39190

I would not have thought of breaking down the colors so specifically per type of zirconia, but that makes them so much easier to identify.

I also like using the Shade drop down option, to help narrow the disc search.

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I would not have thought of breaking down the colors so specifically per type of zirconia, but that makes them so much easier to identify.

I also like using the Shade drop down option, to help narrow the disc search.
Yeah i tried that but color and shade lol too much work

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi Car54,

You can absolutely change that color. In the color screen you show in your first post, jus click the color box next to "Object Activated" and change it to any color you want.

1631123687686.png

Pat

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hi Car54,

You can absolutely change that color. In the color screen you show in your first post, jus click the color box next to "Object Activated" and change it to any color you want.

View attachment 39289

Pat

Thank you, Patrick :)

What threw me off in not being more curious by clicking and ticking on some of the options, was I didn't see anything magenta colored showing in the list of the settings, otherwise I may have given it a try. The colors don't transfer over quite the same from the color option settings, maybe because of the disk color, even though in this case I chose the light sky blue option, and it looks a little green against the white zirconia disc color. I will play around with it more, now that you helped guide me in the right direction. But this is a whole lot better, as at least I can see the occlusion and have a better idea of buccal/lingual, as well as with single anteriors.

color.PNG

Last edited:
Top Bottom