Programat P100 circuit board

olwyn

olwyn

Reaction score
Hi, I'd love a favour from someone with a P100. I just need a close up photo of one corner of the circuit board. It's easy to get the cover off. I have four cooked resistors I need to know the colour bands. My board got a bit of water on it and fried these resistors and a high voltage transistor. The service people want $1000 to fix but if I knew what to get I could do the replacement. I don't have the board right now to explain which corner, so will need to see all corners. Please can someone help?

D

Dave Campbell

Reaction score
I have the same problem bottom left hand side 2 resistors fried I think they are fuse resistors but don't know the value.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem bottom left hand side 2 resistors fried I think they are fuse resistors but don't know the value.
take a picture, upload it somewhere and link here. There are a couple of us electron cowboys that might know if we can see them.
Microfuses like these are usually rated to something like 250V at 100mA. I had to replace lots of them on fax machines after every thunderstorm.
There are fuses that are tiny like resistors, and resistors with 0 value just used as jumpers from one place to another on the board.
Resistor code:
0 Black
1 Brown
2 Red
3 Orange
4 Yellow
5 Green
6 Blue
7 Violet
8 Grey
9 White
First two colors are the value, 3rd is how many zeros.
so red red red would be 2200 ohms or 2.2 KOhm. Simple version

For the tolerance, no stripe =20% silver = 10% gold = 5% and blue = 1%
You'll never see blue unless you're in the military or spending way too much money.
The Mnemonic to the code
Bicycle boys race our young girls but Violet generally wins
For color primacy with letters like b and g, darker is lower value. Racist huh?

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Can't add a picture to this site.
You will need to upload it somwhere and then link it here. Until you get about 5 post you cant post images or start private messages.