Procera discontinued in July 2019.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
DTX runs Exocad design module, customized by Nobel's Mechelen, Belgium team. The order management, RX and scanning modules are all developed in-house by Nobel (under the DTX Brand). It's a solid Exocad-based system and they recently made it possible to import and export open STL files, as long as you purchase the appropriate licence. If you restore a lot of their Implants, it's a good solution. The LS3 scanner was developed by Nobel and Kavo and is very fast and precise from what I've heard so far. I wouldn't pick it over a 3Shape scanner, but again, if you work with Nobel a lot, it's a no-brainer as a second or third scanner.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Simple version, the lines between supplier, manufacturer, assembler, integrator, and distributor are not as solid as they may appear.

That and most salespersons never lie, they just take a favorably rotated view of the facts.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
If developed by Kavo/Nobel why is SmartOptics selling the same one and building the LS-3..

https://www.smartoptics.de/en/dental/vinyl-open-air/
https://www.smartoptics.de/en/oem/kavo-ls-3/

Kavo puts their brand on it and distributes it, but it's possible SmartOptics is the OEM behind it. The Vinyl you linked to seems to be a lower spec version of this.
The NobelProcera and NobelProcera 2G were manufactured by Optimet and the Forte before that by Renishaw. Nobel doesn't manufacture scanners, but they brand, package and sell them and then they support them.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
we just got the LS3. we've been having a run of extreme bad luck with brand new hardware lately. this one came with lots of issues. not completely unusable but it's been frustrating. colour scanning doesn't work at all (everything is red),and it has massive connection issues. one out of every few jobs are failing due to "no data was received" error during scan. almost every time we turn it on, it has trouble connecting. their demo unit also did this too, so I'm beginning to worry that it's some inherent hardware issue. they haven't been successful in fixing it, so we may have to wait for a new unit.

the scanning software feels very incomplete. there's no option to manually match the dies or occlusion. you can't trim the scans. die matching sometimes fails and you have to match it in exocad. occlusion matching hasn't failed yet, but sometimes takes several minutes to match.

when scanning, you can't import individual scans and add to the job. it's weird, since you can import every scan and start the design.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
we just got the LS3. we've been having a run of extreme bad luck with brand new hardware lately. this one came with lots of issues. not completely unusable but it's been frustrating. colour scanning doesn't work at all (everything is red),and it has massive connection issues. one out of every few jobs are failing due to "no data was received" error during scan. almost every time we turn it on, it has trouble connecting. their demo unit also did this too, so I'm beginning to worry that it's some inherent hardware issue. they haven't been successful in fixing it, so we may have to wait for a new unit.

the scanning software feels very incomplete. there's no option to manually match the dies or occlusion. you can't trim the scans. die matching sometimes fails and you have to match it in exocad. occlusion matching hasn't failed yet, but sometimes takes several minutes to match.

when scanning, you can't import individual scans and add to the job. it's weird, since you can import every scan and start the design.

Looks like some teething issues still with their S/W or (hopefully not) H/W.

The scanner seems competitive with 3Shape D2000 and the price point seems very aggressive, but I guess we'll wait for them to sort these issues out first.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Avoid the LS3 like the plague...
Also curious to hear the kind of issues you've experienced.
We're considering the LS3 mainly for scanning implant bar cases, but might stick with our 2G a while longer if the issues are this bad...

I

ImplantGuist

Reaction score
yes it sucked also when they removed third party capability. though did they really? i am pretty sure i cant scan and design say a biohorizons or astra ev case but i can send in to have it fabricated? i bought the nobel dtx pro because i work with nobel and have docs that send me mainly nobel hybrids but were still able to work with those platforms correct?

I

ImplantGuist

Reaction score
and im looking at the UHD freedom for my nextscanner but i have heard some negative reviews as far as units just being obsolete after a year of use and then offering a slap in the face buy back. any thoughts? and i have heard great things about freedom as well but this is something else i heard as well.