Problems with Wieland Select...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Make sure to tie your motherboard down.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The last statement was that the suction unit wasn't properly grounded (they did the install) and may have led to the mother board in the mill being damaged causing intermittent yet non-recurring errors.

A non grounded suction unit damaged the motherboard ? I'd call it BS...unless there's a serious design flaw with those boards...:rolleyes:

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
...maybe the drake bar was warped.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Well, this thread ended up being super informative.

giphy.gif

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I had a bad muffler bearing go out on my EZ mill once. Just went to pep boys and grab a universal one. Got the mill up and running withing 30 min.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
A non grounded suction unit damaged the motherboard ? I'd call it BS...unless there's a serious design flaw with those boards...:rolleyes:

No, but Adding ground wires from the chassis to the A axis motor will help the conductivity issue these mill are having, I recently replaced my A axis cable and the newer one came with a ground wire in the loom to ground the A axis. But nothing with the suction. LOL

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Sevan,

I hope you also replaced the loom stanchion truss crown bolts (left and right). You know the old rule when working with truss crown bolts: "smooth side up".

Top Bottom