Problems with newest Scan App

tehnik

tehnik

Hello!

I have a lot of problems with the latest scan app. I see, that the problem is caused in the process where .stl files are created. I have problems with occlusion as it is way off. Also proximal contacts, they are all fine in scan app and exocad, but after milling, there are big caps and I know it is not caused by milling. It all started after the latest dof app update. So I am redoing a lot of works.

Attachments

tehnik

tehnik

Here is another sample. I copied older version from my other computer and redid the matching process with the same scanned data... The software version is very bad. I was able to correct some of the earlier work with the older scan app, so the problem is definitely the new version. On the pictures purple is the scan data aligned with older software and the other one is with the newest.

Attachments

F

Farrah Fawcett

You are 100% correct.

I told DOF this weeks ago! They still have not fixed it? lol

Actually over a month ago.

Hello Kirk! (He told me first)

tehnik

tehnik

I visited DOF at IDS and actually got no reasonable answer. They suggested me to change settings (see pictures) in the application instead of realising the sotf itself is buggy. I basically have to test and drive the settings to find the correct values. I think I am going with amann girrbach new scanner. I tested it and the occlusion was every time perfect in exocad. With DOF there is always intrusion or other problems in virtual articulator and I have to modify it. I am scanning with articulator so there cant be caps or intrusions in there. The DOF scanner is good but software is garbage. I have had many problems also before with other versions. Too bad I have suggested the scanner to others, but no more. Over and out.

Attachments

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom