Problems with mini

J

juanimiller

Reaction score
Hi, sorry for my bad inglish, I have problems with the wieland mini, last week I changed burs and calibrated and when milling eat the pieces,i mill the test stl, send the photo below

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Does the touch off plate have a hole in it from the tool crashing when measuring the tool length? You calibrated the mill but did you plane mill the touch off and then calibrated it?

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Z-axis is out of high!
Do plane the touchplate and calibrate again and it will work perfect again.
regards Tom

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I am understanding this correct? You can repair the touch plate by grinding out a hole if it gets damaged?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering, too.

When it gets the wear hole I know we can use the same touch plate if we move the touch position to a new spot.
It's just with the Mini, I would have to call into the mother ship in order for them to allow that, to help re position
it for me. But...I do think they like it to be in the center, so I'm not sure if we could move the touch point to far
off center?

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
A new touch plate should start with the touch point being centered. We used to have to call tech support to have the point moved when a divot appears. The plan to free tech support from doing this is to just have the labs mill the touch point surface with a used 2mm bur and a small drop of oil. You can usually do this several times to a plate; replacing the plate is inexpensive. This is just intended to free up tech support for more time to address other issues in a timely matter.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
With the latest software upgrade for Preciso M200 you can as user said grind the touch plate by using 1.mm or 2.00 milling burs and drill holes in the rubber tool fixing inserts and move touching point in increments

user name

user name

Reaction score
With the latest software upgrade for Preciso M200 you can as user said grind the touch plate by using 1.mm or 2.00 milling burs and drill holes in the rubber tool fixing inserts and move touching point in increments
I was just relaying what tech support told me, but I havent had them show me yet. Is it easy to find and execute?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I was just relaying what tech support told me, but I havent had them show me yet. Is it easy to find and execute?
Yes it is easy, but with a learning curve obviously, I didn’t have to grind the touch plate and move the touching point yet, they did that before installing the new software, I used the new software to mill and I find the milling machine is faster in picking up tools and measuring, it’s an improvement

J

juanimiller

Reaction score
Does the touch off plate have a hole in it from the tool crashing when measuring the tool length? You calibrated the mill but did you plane mill the touch off and then calibrated it?
I change it for a new one before calibrate

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I change it for a new one before calibrate
Could be a fault Z board. Hard to say, best to get a repair tech, if your in the state i know the best one around, he is a good friend of mine and repairs my mills for me. We are working on a touch off system for the minis and K4's to avoid this issue.