Problems with Dupli-Coe-loid

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
First time using GC Dupli-Coe-Loid. Been using reversable hydrocoloids for 20 years.
3 models duped last night. Melted to 195 cooled to 140 . models all soaked. Came in this morning
every one had hydrocoloid stuck to models? completely unusable . Any have issues with this before?
Ive used at least 3 brands of hydrocolouid and never had this issue. Any tips? Thanks!

O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
First time using GC Dupli-Coe-Loid. Been using reversable hydrocoloids for 20 years.
3 models duped last night. Melted to 195 cooled to 140 . models all soaked. Came in this morning
every one had hydrocoloid stuck to models? completely unusable . Any have issues with this before?
Ive used at least 3 brands of hydrocolouid and never had this issue. Any tips? Thanks!

I use instaloid,all purpose dup material. I’ve been pretty happy with it. That being said , I’ve never soaked my models prior to duplication, I dup them dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juko

Juko

Reaction score

Pull model when material is cooled and solid and pour duplicate right away.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Thnx guys. UPDATE for anyone bored on a Friday to be reading this thread!!!!!
Redid one dup. As Juko stated I allowed flask to bench set for 10 minutes. add cold water 1/2 way up for ten minutes.
covered completly for anyother 10. pulled out model easily and poured dup. Guess no more duping models before I leave work

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thnx guys. UPDATE for anyone bored on a Friday to be reading this thread!!!!!
Redid one dup. As Juko stated I allowed flask to bench set for 10 minutes. add cold water 1/2 way up for ten minutes.
covered completly for anyother 10. pulled out model easily and poured dup. Guess no more duping models before I leave work
Thanks for the update!

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We soak our models for 10 minutes, put it in the dupe flask, fill with hydrocolloid, put the flask in ice water about 3/4 of the way up the flask for 45 minutes. Pour the dupe model and let it set up for 45 minutes. Perfect dupe every time.

Top Bottom