Thanks for this detailed answer @Glenn Kennedy it is very helpful, we checked our burs and there were some in the wrong position. The thing is we received a training by a Zahn "Specialist" and he/she teach us to set the burs by hand, and now looking in the manual, we just figured it out that Rolland comes with a tool to align the burs. This is crazy. Now related to geometry, where can i change or edit this settings in Vpanel, or do i need to call support for that?Make sure the geometry of your tools matches the geometry specified in your CAM software. I think the shoulder on your 1mm tool is hitting the edge of the restoration during the finishing path. This is a very common problem when users change tool brands but don't update the tool geometry in the CAM software. View attachment 36402
Well, @zero_zero @CoolHandLuke @JMN @user name @Glenn Kennedy I tried the speed settings and margins deletion, changed the burs, put it in the correct position and the results were the same. The machine now does not breaks the inlay but breaks the crown in the margin. 2 weeks ago we updated Millbox to a new version, i don't know if that could be a possible cause in addition to a possible moisture in the air. We are using the same burs that came with the machine, i mean the same model. I am really getting to a frustration point.
Well, @zero_zero @CoolHandLuke @JMN @user name @Glenn Kennedy I tried the speed and deleting margins and
Thank you so much for the well described explanation @AKP i will check every step, and i will came back with feedback.I used to have issues that my margin would chip like that. But usually after checking some things i was able to fix it. Here is what i would do:
1. Check air pressure on your Roland (should be at 2)
2. Clean mill very well.
4.Check your tools. (2mm tool should be in slot 1,1mm in slot 2, 0.6mm in slot 3)
5. Are you using brush on your Roland 52DCi? If yes remove it and during caming disable it (Millbox had been having issue for over a year now with brush that it comes with - we dont use it anymore).
6. Make sure that tools are set up correctly.
7. Cam case in brand new puck. Create new puck for that case (maybe somewhere there was an issue of the hight of the puck. You want to cover everything). Make sure puck is very secure in fixture.
8. while caming change offset from 2.5 to 3 or higher. Just to add extra space for tools to work around this case.
9. Based on your picture I would put pins higher on the crown, as far from margin as possible, onthe thickest parts of the crown.
10. Someone advise to remove margin from Veneer. It something that I would do as well. With margin on that veneer what is the angle of the restoration? Maybe you dont have enough space for tools to work around because angle is high.
11. Cam case; watch simulation. If nothing comes out on simulation and it is still brakes call your support company. Something is off with mill.
If you cover all those steps and it is comes out bad, at least you can tell your support that you have done everything that is possible from your side and they better figure it out right the way!!
PS. I heard about new version of Millbox that came out in April, and lets face it, half country was on lockdown, so I didnt get it yet. Waiting few more months before I update my system. Not enough people got newer version which means we dont know about gliches. Which in the end could be an issue.... But that is your last step, going back to previous version of MillBox.
Thank youuuuu, I don't know what would happen to us if Dental Lab Network didn't exist.white lithium grease, apply a small amount to the threads, and the outside up to the rim. do not get it on the tools or the inside of the collet. re-apply whenever you take the collet out. do not buy this as an aerosol. yes you can get this at home depot, lowe's, autozone, and some hardware stores.
Thats excellent. Travis and his Mods that provide this tool for us go largely un-thanked. This site has helped me so much, and Ive met people I now consider my closest friends (@JMN). It stinks youre having these chipping issues, but we are all learning through you while you get it fixed.I am just waiting for payment approval, i just purchased the membership. Thank you all guys for the help.