Problems Dwos, Please help!

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Anyone know why I'm getting these voids in my design? This started happening lately. Sometimes if I rescan it goes away.
COM-181120-1_SC_STATION_CAD_UI_1_1542761854363.png

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Almost a total guess, but..

Could yoou be getting a reflection off of something? You say it only started recemtly, so did you move anything around anywhere near your scan area? Did a bit of paint get worn through on an articulator and it now has a brite spot that used to be dull or less reflective.

Really no clue, just first thoughts.

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Thanks for your input! No, nothing reflective is nearby or inside the scanner, and I haven't moved anything. It just happens, then I'll rescan everything and it'll be fine, or worse. If I use the smoothing tools on that area the holevstarts to close. It as if someone has pinched that side and pulled it through to the other side. I'll scan 4-5 cases perfectly then get one of these again.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Thanks for your input! No, nothing reflective is nearby or inside the scanner, and I haven't moved anything. It just happens, then I'll rescan everything and it'll be fine, or worse. If I use the smoothing tools on that area the holevstarts to close. It as if someone has pinched that side and pulled it through to the other side. I'll scan 4-5 cases perfectly then get one of these again.

I would try one of these 2 things before rescanning:
1. Recompute...if it's a pontic, try a different design such as ridge-lap or modified ridge-lap
2. Pre-position anatomy of the affected teeth

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
I would try one of these 2 things before rescanning:
1. Recompute...if it's a pontic, try a different design such as ridge-lap or modified ridge-lap
2. Pre-position anatomy of the affected teeth
Recompute makes things worse most of the time. I will try repositioning next time it happens. Didn't think of that. Yes, it mostly happens on pontics. Thanks for your help!

J

JustDavid

Reaction score
Hi there,

When you scan the die do you scan on the model or holder?
It you do scan on the model can you check if the blue scan area overlaps onto the pontic area?
Secondly a different issue which may have similar result, can you check if the shadow is under or behind the model on cad?
If it is behind you need to charge the model axis in scan.
Let me know where your at,
Cheers

J

JustDavid

Reaction score
Recompute makes things worse most of the time. I will try repositioning next time it happens. Didn't think of that. Yes, it mostly happens on pontics. Thanks for your help!

A good way to clean up mess is to, adapt environment on anatomy. Clear all points and recompute.
The tooth chain tech can occasionally **** it up badly.

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Hi there,

When you scan the die do you scan on the model or holder?
It you do scan on the model can you check if the blue scan area overlaps onto the pontic area?
Secondly a different issue which may have similar result, can you check if the shadow is under or behind the model on cad?
If it is behind you need to charge the model axis in scan.
Let me know where your at,
Cheers
I usually scan on the multi die holder. On a few big implant cases I'm pretty sure the scan area covered the pontic area. Ok, how do you change the model axis? Currently at home enjoying Thanksgiving weekend so I can't scan anything to see. Promised the wife I wouldn't go to my lab this weekend.
I've noticed the tooth chain tech muffs it up badly, so bad on occasion that I can't correct the connectors on a bridge.

Could this stuff get caused by holes in the scan of my waxup? I noticed that the last waxup I did had a few areas the scan couldn't reach... causing holes in the scan. I did have problems on that pontic too.

Where can I get some help with using Dental Wings? Can only find Exocad or 3shape, any resources for those unlucky enough to have bought Dental Wings? Had a D700 that I sold to buy this, and am regretting it.

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Ok so I have an update if it is useful to any one else later on. Repositioning anatomy manually before adapting to wax up clears it up 90% of the time. Looks like when the diagnostic wax up and the tooth chain set-up are too far apart it screws the end result up.

My Dwings reseller says dwos 8 is better at this and wants me to update. Won't update while I'm this busy in case of worse bugs.

J

JustDavid

Reaction score
Ok so I have an update if it is useful to any one else later on. Repositioning anatomy manually before adapting to wax up clears it up 90% of the time. Looks like when the diagnostic wax up and the tooth chain set-up are too far apart it screws the end result up.

My Dwings reseller says dwos 8 is better at this and wants me to update. Won't update while I'm this busy in case of worse bugs.

Dwos 8 is very stable, haven't come across any major issues yet.

Cheers
David

K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
Hello ALL,
I have an issue with results of High Crowns. Even when I have designed the crowns to be infra occulasally my crowns after sintering are almost 1 -1.5 mm high which I have to trim the whole occlusal anatomy to bring down the crowns with no high points. Has anyone seen this issue with DWOS 8.4 version is what I am using.

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Hello ALL,
I have an issue with results of High Crowns. Even when I have designed the crowns to be infra occulasally my crowns after sintering are almost 1 -1.5 mm high which I have to trim the whole occlusal anatomy to bring down the crowns with no high points. Has anyone seen this issue with DWOS 8.4 version is what I am using.
Every time I try to use the adjust contacts function the same thing happens to me. I stopped using that function for that reason. I just use the other tools to do the contacts.