Problem with emax and VITA furnace

rosarinocba

rosarinocba

Reaction score
Good morning! I write from Argentina! we changed the brand of pill (from CELTRA to EMAX) and we started having this problem! in the oven we put the parameters of the EMAX manual but without expected result!

Any idea what is happening?

Julian

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Post pictures of the results you are getting.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Good morning! I write from Argentina! we changed the brand of pill (from CELTRA to EMAX) and we started having this problem! in the oven we put the parameters of the EMAX manual but without expected result!

Any idea what is happening?

Julian

Your images are not showing up...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We can help you out but you need to upload your images a different way so we can all see them.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Holy smokes, those are awful. Even Riley couldn’t screw them up that bad.
I use 920c. What temp was the burnout at? What investment?

Last edited:
rosarinocba

rosarinocba

Reaction score
the investment we use is GILBEST, oven temperature 900C X 40 min. Injection pressure 3 bars, what pressure do you use?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Whoa, those are bad...you are boiling your e.max, not pressing it. You need to drop that high temperature by at least 15C to 900C and you might even have to drop it more. Please make sure your oven is calibrated and double check your bar pressure, I don't think 3 bars is enough but I'm not familiar with that specific oven. I would call ivoclar for sure because to me it looks like you have a couple problems to address.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Definitely a heating problem. You are way beyond the heating parameters of the material. I would start by reducing the burnout by 20C, then if pressing results in over temp, adjust pressing temp down by increments of 5 until you get a reasonable pressing. When you get an incomplete pressing, increase by increments of 2. Although a good way to maintain a good result is keeping your ovens calibrated, you have to get the good result no matter what the oven temps say so make sure they are calibrated if they can be calibrated before you dial them in.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Let me add more confusion. When I first started pressing emax years ago with a non-ivo
oven I had to try and try, and settled on these parameters. (See pic). Compare to ivo.
6129123C-59A7-4931-870C-F9C9A4D19F38.jpeg
Your burnout seems high. I use 1565F, one hour soak.
What size ring. That changes things also.
small ring….4bar
large ring …4.5 bar

my ivo ep3000 Presses a ring in about 1:15. When setting my old oven I had to set a press time that took 4 minutes or more. That will increase the reaction layer.

Sprue placement could maybe cause more issues. See this old thread too

rosarinocba

rosarinocba

Reaction score
thank you very much, I will try to calibrate the oven!

rosarinocba

rosarinocba

Reaction score
This is the new impression, much better but we have to keep working. 700C inlet / ramp 60 degrees per minute / 915 degrees final hold 15 minutes / 4 bar for 4 minutes for injection

Z

ztech

Reaction score
That's what your pressing oven had before.....What did you change?

rosarinocba

rosarinocba

Reaction score
That's what your pressing oven had before.....What did you change?
before we used celtra to inject, the plunger we used was investment, now we put the alumina one and it improved a lot, we also took the injection pressure from 3 bars (43.5 PSI) to 4 bars (58.1 psi),we never thought that this change on the plunger was going to bring us so many problems. In the next injection we are going to lower it to 910 degrees to see if the edges improve

Z

ztech

Reaction score
before we used celtra to inject, the plunger we used was investment, now we put the alumina one and it improved a lot, we also took the injection pressure from 3 bars (43.5 PSI) to 4 bars (58.1 psi),we never thought that this change on the plunger was going to bring us so many problems. In the next injection we are going to lower it to 910 degrees to see if the edges improve
I press mine at 902C with 12:30 hold, I am not saying this is what you should use, just pointing out, they are only numbers. I haven't calibrated my pressing oven since I got it. If the pressing outcome changes, I look at the result and adjust accordingly. The thing that makes this possible with me though is that I am a 1 person lab and I don't have to accommodate the preferences of others.

I would be more aggressive in the first change but only change 1 thing at a time. If you change more than one then you, don't know which actually affected the outcome. I can say that putting the mass of the Alumina plunger would lower the temp of the mass of material by a few degrees and I think this is where you biggest improvement will come.

Top Bottom