Printing Permanent Crowns?

F

Foggy_in_RI

Has anyone started thinking about printing permanent crowns? Looks like Bego has a material out that looks interesting for single units (VarseoSmile Crown Plus).

Accutech

Accutech

There are few others (or possibly lot more currently R&D). It’s an exciting alternative to milling for sure but you still have to sinter (zirconia) or crystallize (glass ceramics LD LS).
Upside to this method vs milling would be thinner more precise margins (once you dial it in) ability to print in layered appearance like hand layered/ stacked porcelain.
What I have seen though (very limited by the way) when comparing full contour zirconias, it reminded me of finished FCZ from 16 years ago (as an experiment I did) on my Cerec in lab. Not too pretty. I can’t imagine trying to sell it in its current technological state.
Who / whichever company brings it to market whenever that is in a more polished esthetic state, I would be very interested.
For now....pass.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Remember how Lava Ultimate became the benchmark for all other materials to be measured by?
me neither.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Wasn't it also supposed to be a "game changer" ;) :)
My view is that if a manufacturer has to say that about their stuff it's the same as showing us a pretty lady in an advertisment.

They got nothing to say about the product and don't want to discuss it on merits. IF they cannot and will not do that, I ain't interested.

OP
F

Foggy_in_RI

Never dealt with the lava stuff. Bego has scientific studies about the material on the website though. it will be interesting to see where this fits in- cheaper system for chairside crowns maybe?

JKraver

JKraver

I always wonder if they actually have a restoration or if it just a person smiling. Maybe I am just missing the niche of pretty ladies needing new centrals.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
I always wonder if they actually have a restoration or if it just a person smiling. Maybe I am just missing the niche of pretty ladies needing new centrals.
You are, but it's a very sad niche. Abuse victims. 'Non-accidental injury' accounts for too much of my work.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom