printing or milling valplast, duraflex

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
Do you guys know any good lab out there that are milling valplast and duraflex partials, and how does it work? they print/mill the partials and we glue the teeth?
need info.. thanks

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I think it's rather pricey, the lab wouldn't send you just the base is my guess but rather it all finished, here you go:

I don't think we've done a flexible for you at Mabel? Send us scans, we print the model and do everything conventionally. $129+digital model(s) start to finish.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Do you guys know any good lab out there that are milling valplast and duraflex partials, and how does it work? they print/mill the partials and we glue the teeth?
need info.. thanks
Having worked with most thermoplastics, I say yes there would be an up-charge just for the sake of digital, and no you want conventional only. Just because someone sells it doesn't mean they know what they're doing. That goes for D or A.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
need info.. thanks
By the way. How did trying to inject Clearmet go with an old valplast setup you posted about awhile back?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
need info.. thanks
With traditional duraflex or any other thermoplastic or nylon type partials the teeth have to be mechanically set with holes in them. I can not imagine having them glued in a milled or printed is going to work for now. So I believe in traditional pressing for better retention. If you can not bond a reline to them, how are you going to glue those teeth and using what.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Yes it is possible. In all honesty it's remarkable the technology that exist today. The company is Arfona, or arfonaprinting.com. The process is possible due to there special patented printer that prints Valplast. There is the material for the base and material for the teeth that work together during the print job. It is not just printing the base then you glue the teeth. It one monolithic structure.
The fit is great and remarkably flexible and the occlusion is spot on. The only downside is the esthetics, very dull almost mat-like. They will be at LAB Day introducting there 2.0, whatever that means. Hopefully they have improved the esthetics because everything else works great.
On a side note digital is the future. Just saw a video today from Absolute Dental Service talking about partnering with a company that is printing Zirconian crowns. Now to be fair both of these materials are no where near the current gold standards we use today. But it's 2022 and printing metal, thermoplastic and zirconian are all things that are happening now. Pretty soon we will be printing people, lol.

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
✂️

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
need info.. thanks
we mill acetal and have milled some out of myersons visiclear material. both for our lab and for other labs.
typically, we get a digital design and mill it. we have gotten impressions before and had a design made and proceeded from there.
does that answer your question? (we do not print the material currently)

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Yes it is possible. In all honesty it's remarkable the technology that exist today. The company is Arfona, or arfonaprinting.com. The process is possible due to there special patented printer that prints Valplast. There is the material for the base and material for the teeth that work together during the print job. It is not just printing the base then you glue the teeth. It one monolithic structure.
The fit is great and remarkably flexible and the occlusion is spot on. The only downside is the esthetics, very dull almost mat-like. They will be at LAB Day introducting there 2.0, whatever that means. Hopefully they have improved the esthetics because everything else works great.
On a side note digital is the future. Just saw a video today from Absolute Dental Service talking about partnering with a company that is printing Zirconian crowns. Now to be fair both of these materials are no where near the current gold standards we use today. But it's 2022 and printing metal, thermoplastic and zirconian are all things that are happening now. Pretty soon we will be printing people, lol.
Well it is 3D but the old filament technology that is not full proof. From Nozzle temp to clogging and other technical issue. I am not sure if it is going to fly.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Well it is 3D but the old filament technology that is not full proof. From Nozzle temp to clogging and other technical issue. I am not sure if it is going to fly.
I can imagine the stringing and smoothing out with nylon. I've had to work on some milled units. 3D doesn't resolve the old issues with those thermoplastics.

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
we mill acetal and have milled some out of myersons visiclear material. both for our lab and for other labs.
typically, we get a digital design and mill it. we have gotten impressions before and had a design made and proceeded from there.
does that answer your question? (we do not print the material currently)
Hello,
with what machine do you mill this? I'm trying to mill a partial in Duraflex disk, but I don't know what type to select. I tried to mill as it was PMMA but it broke my tool.
Is there a special machine to mill this? There is no acetal or nylon in the options :( I'm confused.

Best regards

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hello,
with what machine do you mill this? I'm trying to mill a partial in Duraflex disk, but I don't know what type to select. I tried to mill as it was PMMA but it broke my tool.
Is there a special machine to mill this? There is no acetal or nylon in the options :( I'm confused.

Best regards
i have a roland mill. the trick i have learned is nesting it as a "bite" (in exocad) and milling as PMMA. BE SURE YOUR MILLING STRATEGIES FOR PMMA ARE NICE AND SLOW! if you wind those tools up too fast and it cuts too hot, it melts the material all over the tool and you end up with breakage non stop. very annoying but it happens every now and then when im not paying attention lol.

we have milled TCS and Duraflex pucks. they arent my favs, but they work with the method described above.

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
i have a roland mill. the trick i have learned is nesting it as a "bite" (in exocad) and milling as PMMA. BE SURE YOUR MILLING STRATEGIES FOR PMMA ARE NICE AND SLOW! if you wind those tools up too fast and it cuts too hot, it melts the material all over the tool and you end up with breakage non stop. very annoying but it happens every now and then when im not paying attention lol.

we have milled TCS and Duraflex pucks. they arent my favs, but they work with the method described above.
Hello,
yes I am testing on the Duraflex haha to eventually mill my real one on a better disk :D
I think that's what happeneddddddd my strategie is probably too fast, because the material got stock on my tool and it broke. I guess it kinda melted and then got hard and broke my tool :(

I don't know how to slow down the strategie tho, I will have to ask the people from support to change that, damnnnn. Hope they can help !
Thank you so much !

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score

Hello,

could you tell me how fast your tool goes to compare a little bit to mine?
Best regards,