Printing implant model for the first time

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just waiting for my FormLabs2 printer to arrive and after vacation I need to get this party started. I have already promised a case with Astra implants done with IOS of course. Now, how do you print your models, especially gingiva part? Do I need special analogues or original from Astra are ok? Doc will you original intraoral scanbodies.

Cheers

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if the doc is using original astra scanbodies, then you need to buy or download software that will design models for original scanbodies.

simply put, the doc's system and your system have to match. s/he uses original, you have to use original. s/he uses core3d, so must you.

because you'll not be able to do anything right if the systems dont match.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Like CHL said, but when you get a scan body that has a dim you can print like NT trading or ELOS then first get the formlab dme for 3shape.
https://support.formlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000673010#3shape

Then go into your control panel and import the DME and set the analog to model setting to 0.00 on all 3 profiles, loose, medium and tighter.

Here is what i have found thus far. Medium at 25 micron best fit, no wiggle on dim analog. Down side print times take 16 plus hours to print a quad with soft tissue.
Tighter profile at 50 microns prefect fir as well but slight movement under over tightening.
Tighter profile on 25 micron too tight to the point where we had to press the analog in with scan body atatched with a good amount of pressure.

I always use supports to print model and the soft tissue i simply leave flat on the build plate. this way i get a flat surface on the bottom side so it sits flat on the model. When i place supports on the tissue piece it is rounded and doesn't sit for a damn on the model. I also brought down my base setting and the distance fronm the base to the object in support size to save a few mm's of printing.

Now if you are on exocad can't help you there. sorry only work on 3shape.

but the biggest thing to change is the analog to model distance make it 0.00 or on the tighter one maybe maybe trial and error at a much lower setting then forms has set up if your gonna print 25micron it not leave it at 0.00 for 50 micron on tighter.

good luck took me about 3/4 of a model resin tank to dial in my settings and figure out proper nest cause i had 3 to 4 failed prints with out supports on the model and leave them flat on the plat hollow or not, the model resin is different then the gray and white resins.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Astra will also have to provide you an analog specifically for 3d printed models that will coincide with their library file. If that is all you need you can use our $12 analog and our free library files for dental wings, exocad, 3shape and do the same thing at a fraction of the cost.
Our libraries can be found here - https://www.dess-usa.com/library-files/