printing denture teeth

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
So, I'm new to denture design in 3shape. Design seems pretty straight forward, but I'm missing something in order entry or something.

I'm looking to output a base and separate teeth files. I can get a base, but not teeth. I may need a different artificial teeth library, but I'm not sure where to find additional ones. The one I have, which was included with 3shape, will not allow local production.

Or, I'm missing something really simple. Any help appreciated.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Order your gingiva type as glue-in teeth (Matrix)

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
I feel like I tried all the gingiva types. I'll try it again and report back. Thanks.

B

Brandon Patrick

Reaction score
At the finalize stage under pre manufacturing, is your selected process type "glued-in teeth w basal reduction?"

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
Well, I just ran through a new design from scratch. With it set up as basal reduction I get weird output files where all the pieces of the base are separate layers. I re-designed it as glue-in teeth matrix and everything worked fine.

I know I tried this before because I went through and tried all the options. There must have been something else wrong with that file or design I guess.

Anyway, it seems to be working after a fresh start.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Well, I just ran through a new design from scratch. With it set up as basal reduction I get weird output files where all the pieces of the base are separate layers. I re-designed it as glue-in teeth matrix and everything worked fine.

I know I tried this before because I went through and tried all the options. There must have been something else wrong with that file or design I guess.

Anyway, it seems to be working after a fresh start.

Thanks for the help.
If you manipulate and modify your original order enough times, things can get a little screwy.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
If you manipulate and modify your original order enough times, things can get a little screwy.

Boy does it...

Usually if I know I'm going to be modifying a case a lot, I export it as a 3Shape folder before I change anything just so I have an original to re-import if I need to.

Top Bottom