Printer for Models and Trays

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Thats too bad. I don't want to spend 10k just to print garbage temps. Hopefully Keystone does something.
Have you tried or heard anything about the fotodent denture thats now approved for the sonic xl
Other than the brochure not much. It’s a bit tricky with the Phrozen and Fotodent. For FDA compliance you have to buy the “Dreve Certified” Sonic XL in order to be legally covered using their resins that go in the mouth. It’s another eye rolling headache. As I too do not want to pay $10,000 plus to buy a printer that use’s denture resins. I’m taking a class in October hosted by Zahn in which the president of Keystone will be present. I plan on asking him about their plans for denture resin. Being Keystone like Phrozen move faster than the industry I’m hoping 1) they do have denture resin plans and 2) that the Sonic XL (regular version sold on their website) will be tested for use.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score

Datguypeter

Datguypeter

Reaction score
Other than the brochure not much. It’s a bit tricky with the Phrozen and Fotodent. For FDA compliance you have to buy the “Dreve Certified” Sonic XL in order to be legally covered using their resins that go in the mouth. It’s another eye rolling headache. As I too do not want to pay $10,000 plus to buy a printer that use’s denture resins. I’m taking a class in October hosted by Zahn in which the president of Keystone will be present. I plan on asking him about their plans for denture resin. Being Keystone like Phrozen move faster than the industry I’m hoping 1) they do have denture resin plans and 2) that the Sonic XL (regular version sold on their website) will be tested for use.
Wow I didnt know you had to buy the printer through Dreve, thats so dumb.
Hopefully Keystone has something planned. Keep us updated!

Datguypeter

Datguypeter

Reaction score
You cant just post a link and not say anything

Whats your opinion on the photo d2?

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
You cant just post a link and not say anything

Whats your opinion on the photo d2?
Well, I didn't know it was against the local rules here to help save some US$ for a DT.
I have #8 Anycubic printers Mono X and Mono 6K running all day with no issues and I just placed an order for the new DLP let's see what happens!
Have a Great Day!

Datguypeter

Datguypeter

Reaction score
Well, I didn't know it was against the local rules here to help save some US$ for a DT.
I have #8 Anycubic printers Mono X and Mono 6K running all day with no issues and I just placed an order for the new DLP let's see what happens!
Have a Great Day!
What resins do you usually use with it?

McFarland97

McFarland97

Reaction score
I think I saw it mentioned already, but the Asiga Pro 4k is fast and reliable. The 2k isn't too bad of a choice either if you're willing to have a significantly smaller built plate and slower builds. The price is definitely somewhat of a hurdle though. I'm only experienced with these but we are looking into the Renfert Simplex to get rid of the chemical baths but we haven't quite gotten there yet. I'll be sure to make a thread if and when we go that route and let you all know how that works for us.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I’m taking a class in October hosted by Zahn in which the president of Keystone will be present. I plan on asking him about their plans for denture resin.
Got back from the class today and it was really helpful and informative. I spoke with Doug Statham who is the Sr Director of Digital Materials for Keystone.

He did confirm that Keystone is working on a denture base, temp and alinger resin. The denture resin is slated to come out 1st half of 2023. He mentioned they already had a denture material but as they are a cosmetic company (dental is a small part) they wanted to bring something that changed the game in esthetics. So that takes time.

Also they are working on a paste/paint that adds veins/fibers to any denture base resin for a more esthetic look. Furthermore Keystone Soft “Clear” will no longer be a Carbon exclusive very soon.

Finally Doug mentioned that Keystone does such a good job of validation that other resin companies ask them to validate their resins for other printers. Part of the problem for them is finding the sweet spot. With so many various printers and cureboxes going through the validation process it has to make economic sense to them. If a company doesn’t have that much market share then sometimes they get left on the sidelines. The other aspect is some companies are just straight up terrible at customer support and just never get back to them for approval.

Datguypeter

Datguypeter

Reaction score
Also they are working on a paste/paint that adds veins/fibers to any denture base resin for a more esthetic look.
Hey i forgot about this thread. I also asked a technician that tried the Keystone denture base resin and it wasnt only for cosmetic reasons. The resin wasnt strong enough and would break when falling from pretty much any height. It seems to be a problem with 3d printed denture.

Furthermore Keystone Soft “Clear” will no longer be a Carbon exclusive very soon.
That i didnt know. Hopefully it works for phrozen printers

doug

doug

Reaction score
Diid you ask about using an inert environment for curing the resin? That there is conversation about improperly cured resin having an unusual taste?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Diid you ask about using an inert environment for curing the resin? That there is conversation about improperly cured resin having an unusual taste?
So they went over all the cureboxes they validated in general terms. They emphasized strictly following their approved cureboxes and method. Based on the material and curebox there will be a different time and temperature.

On a side note the Trusana class had a unique curing protocol. So you cure with no temperature (12 minutes each side) using the cheap nail light Asiga converted and slapped a label on. Then place in a ziplock bag and put into a warm bath (80 degrees not sure if C or F) for a set time.

So it really is a Wild West with printing and cureboxes now and following the specific profile and workflow is crucial. They mentioned several times that the FDA is coming down hard on regulating labs.They are treating a bottle of resin as a medical devise. So make sure you have a written protocol just in case they decide to stop by.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think I saw it mentioned already, but the Asiga Pro 4k is fast and reliable. The 2k isn't too bad of a choice either if you're willing to have a significantly smaller built plate and slower builds. The price is definitely somewhat of a hurdle though. I'm only experienced with these but we are looking into the Renfert Simplex to get rid of the chemical baths but we haven't quite gotten there yet. I'll be sure to make a thread if and when we go that route and let you all know how that works for us.
I bought the Simplex
I’ve put it through it’s paces making c&b models. It’s only 50 micron accuracy but if your cad designs are accurate then it is fine. It’s slow but there is no cleanup.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
So it really is a Wild West with printing and cureboxes now and following the specific profile and workflow is crucial. They mentioned several times that the FDA is coming down hard on regulating labs.They are treating a bottle of resin as a medical devise. So make sure you have a written protocol just in case they decide to stop by.
Just like the Wild West of all dentistry. Hopefully they and the State Board will stop by the dental offices and start handing out fines for violations and illegal practices first.