Printer Calibration

J

Johann

Reaction score
Goodday all 3d printer experts
What is your opinion the best calibration tests for dimensions and exposure times to do and how regular do you suggest it to be done ?

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'd contact the manufacturer. They have a baseline for their product and can give the best guidance.

editted for early morning spelling

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Go to thingiverse.com for exposure .stl's to print.

There are various theories on calibration practices. Go check out YouTube and decide what you think is best

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
If you're asking about general LCD printers:

Many people use the Amaralabs town: https://ameralabs.com/blog/town-calibration-part/

The article will explain how to use it best.

I generally don't run exposure tests unless I have a problem or am stumped by a resin.

Even if your town test comes out great, you may have to add to the exposure settings for larger, bulkier prints.

If you're looking to get a 3d printer that is specialized for dental, then go with the manufacturers suggestions as they usually have tested it with compatible resins.

J

Johann

Reaction score
If you're asking about general LCD printers:

Many people use the Amaralabs town: https://ameralabs.com/blog/town-calibration-part/

The article will explain how to use it best.

I generally don't run exposure tests unless I have a problem or am stumped by a resin.

Even if your town test comes out great, you may have to add to the exposure settings for larger, bulkier prints.

If you're looking to get a 3d printer that is specialized for dental, then go with the manufacturers suggestions as they usually have tested it with compatible resins.
Thank you very much four input