Printer and Program issues ... ?

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Hey all, we've been using an entry level printer for a while now as we've only been doing cases for one clinic and it's been working without issue. We're now printing cases for another clinic and I'm getting all sorts of issues. The new clinic is using the Dentsply Connect Case Center and while it works fine for downloading the .stl files, they aren't printing worth a dang. I can't figure out if it's the files and scans or the printer and how it's setup, (or lack there of.)

We're using a Phrozen Shuffle with ApplyLabWorks MSLA dental resin and Chitubox. I'm orienting the models on the build plate perpendicular with teeth away from the plate and adding as many supports as possible; 50% of the time the supports aren't building and it's causing the model to print awkward or not print at all, cutting off margins and having prep teeth with an angle that isn't supposed to be there. I'm also getting the build sticking to the inside of the resin tub instead of the build plate. The only time it won't is if I completely clean out the resin tub after every single print which I shouldn't have to be doing.

I'm no wizard at all with 3D printing but if anyone has any questions that could help direct me towards an answer, fire away. I'm sure I'll have more questions. I can also post photos as needed.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Are you still having troubles?

Photos of your settings, orientation in the slicer, and your failures would be helpful. If your model is coming off the supports and sticking to the FEP, then you may want to change the angle, use heavier supports, and/or increase your exposure time. Your build plate could have been knocked out of level and that would also cause failure.

I'm not always around here, but feel free to email me : [email protected] and I can try to help you out.

J

Jussi Roivanen

Reaction score
When dealing with melting/hardening of plastics, physics revolves heavily around temperature.

Pay attention to operating temperatures of each material. If Material that has optemp of 32 degs and it is used in 22 degrees celcius, there will be hiccups despite what "salesmen" say. Some "better" printers have features (like temp controlled trays or build box) which allows increasing temperature of material from room temp to op temp..