printed models

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use exocad, I am looking to make solid models with a cutback like a cavity for soft tissue. I have recently seen it on an outsourced case.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What version of exocad are you using? Pretty sure this has been available since Valetta version. You may just be missing the cue to mark the area of the gingival mask.

Where's that DHL guy??

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What version of exocad are you using? Pretty sure this has been available since Valetta version. You may just be missing the cue to mark the area of the gingival mask.

Where's that DHL guy??
Paldiv Probably am then.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score

Where's that DHL guy??
I did it once, then tried to repeat it... and I cannot figure out what I did...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I did it once, then tried to repeat it... and I cannot figure out what I did...
Look in the tool/wizard window for a tab that says 'mask'. Click that and then you will define the border of the desired gingival area. Other settings available for it as well.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
Currently only available for Implant cases. With the Galway release coming up, you'll be able to also create a soft tissue for normal dies and crowns.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am not truly looking to make a gingival mask, just to make the hollow where a mask would go. It is too much of a hassle to upload pictures to a computer, otherwise I could show it. It is ditched unsectioned model.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I am not truly looking to make a gingival mask, just to make the hollow where a mask would go. It is too much of a hassle to upload pictures to a computer, otherwise I could show it. It is ditched unsectioned model.
you can upload from your phone. I do it that way nearly every time.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
If you make the model so that it has a soft tissue, you can just not print it, and then fill it in with gingiva mask or leave it open.

Aside from that, if you want to run with it now before Galway is released, you could freeform it down, or freeform model, use the anatomy paint/pull, set the dies as static so they don't get messed up, and drag down the area you want for a mask. Same would work for the scan data (possibly better since pulling it down would affect model minimal thickness.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If you make the model so that it has a soft tissue, you can just not print it, and then fill it in with gingiva mask or leave it open.

Aside from that, if you want to run with it now before Galway is released, you could freeform it down, or freeform model, use the anatomy paint/pull, set the dies as static so they don't get messed up, and drag down the area you want for a mask. Same would work for the scan data (possibly better since pulling it down would affect model minimal thickness.
Thanks, I can probably run with that. I thought I emailed you about it Josh, maybe not.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
Yes you did, looks like I missed that one. I had a large training that was coming up around those dates I was rushing to get ready for. Right up until it was cancelled because of a covid outbreak in the trainees lab. I apologize for the miss on that one.

I've seen the same looking models appear when everything around the dies were cut out and an empty space was there. Makes them stick out pretty handily