Printed custom trays

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Good morning all! Lately I have been getting a lot of custom tray orders so I would like to know what modules do I need in exo to design a custom tray and who prints them. Analog takes me too long The nice lady at Argen said they don't. Thank you!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The who prints them part is the easy part.
I've asked a buddy here to print things for me when needed. Not as a gift, but as a valued paid service.
I know what he defines as quality. Our definitions agree.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Not sure on the EXO side, but to print them you will need to find a lab, not a lot place like argen that offer printing services offer tray printing. I print them out on our nextdent5100. take like 16 min per tray. Blue or pink material available.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
In Exo, the easiest is Bitesplint module, please correct me if i'm wrong @2thm8kr
As for printing, there is so many cheap @ss printers out there that this would be a great time to get into printing to get your feet wet and print your own. If it was me, I'd purchase a printer <$1000 and start printing your own custom trays. You'll get so fast at it your pockets will need pockets for all that cash you are stuffing in them :p

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
In Exo, the easiest is Bitesplint module, please correct me if i'm wrong @2thm8kr
As for printing, there is so many cheap @ss printers out there that this would be a great time to get into printing to get your feet wet and print your own. If it was me, I'd purchase a printer <$1000 and start printing your own custom trays. You'll get so fast at it your pockets will need pockets for all that cash you are stuffing in them :p
I like that very much, the pockets thing ;) I was thinking of getting a cheap printer, just wanted to hold a printed tray in my hands to see what's what

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
2thm8kr is busy printing trays :p

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we were just talking about printing trays and discluding nightguards. are you doing any of these with exocad? id hate to have to throw more money at printers, but want to be able to open up some of this stuff

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
buy a Phrozen Sonic Mini 4 K and do it you owe me a beer whenever we meet 1 hour print by the way

Attachments

• IMG_2411 (1).JPG
    IMG_2411 (1).JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2410.JPG
    IMG_2410.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 71
millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
buy a Phrozen Sonic Mini 4 K and do it you owe me a beer whenever we meet 1 hour print by the way
It probably takes me 1hour to make one by hand this way I can be doing something else.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It probably takes me 1hour to make one by hand this way I can be doing something else.
it shouldnt take an hour to make by hand hahaha....but they are time consuming

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What are you doing? I'd like to help get that number down if possible till you get printing.
Even a dentate one takes at most 30 minutes and that's counting the cure and sanitize time.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
is that the cheap @ss printer lab Guy was referring to?
its one of the cheaper ones, yes. i have heard great reviews about them once the bugs are worked out

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
What are you doing? I'd like to help get that number down if possible till you get printing.
Even a dentate one takes at most 30 minutes and that's counting the cure and sanitize time.
Some times I will pour base for the model provided. Then Base plate wax, then tray material then cure then grind drill holes and that's about it.
Never timed my self but not far off from an hour.

Last edited:
DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
With Exocad, the bitesplint module is all you would need. You can design them really quick, use a preferred gap pre-set into a material parameter created for custom trays (listed under bitesplints).

If you're looking for advanced, you could also make handle attachments or.. find some.. to put on the final tray. Perforating the tray is more time consuming than in 3Shape I believe, and tissue stops are also completely possible using the attachment function once the "splint" is merged.