Prime scan implant issues

H

Highland

Reaction score
So I have a strange problem just checking to see if anyone else has had this.

So one of my doctors upgraded to a prime scan, ( no issues with the Omnicam )so now all of his screw retained implants are 1mm short with open contacts they look fine on 3shape design software and on the printed models. Regular crown and bridge is fine, I though it might be an issue with the implant direct scan bodies so I bought him some argen ones. It’s the same issue 1mm short open contacts.

Of course sirona was no help.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
What brand implants and what scanbodies is he using?

H

Highland

Reaction score
He is using implant direct implants the Nobel knockoff

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Not sure, all of our docs who upgraded to the primescan had initial issues. Not the same issues you are having but they all seem to be worked out now. Rep's told me they need to make a calibration of the scanner and also a calibration to the Sirona connect as well. Not sure what that second part means but I've heard if a few times now. It seems the sirona connect was having some issues with the data.

H

Highland

Reaction score
Not sure, all of our docs who upgraded to the primescan had initial issues. Not the same issues you are having but they all seem to be worked out now. Rep's told me they need to make a calibration of the scanner and also a calibration to the Sirona connect as well. Not sure what that second part means but I've heard if a few times now. It seems the sirona connect was having some issues with the data.
Thank you i will look into that

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Are they scanning ELOS scan bodies?
Highly likely that’s where the issue comes from. Elos have 3 different scan bodies in their 3Shape library (lab, IO and IO SA).

Picking the wrong one will allow you to match using 3 points but will result in 1mm vertical discrepancy.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Are they scanning ELOS scan bodies?
Highly likely that’s where the issue comes from. Elos have 3 different scan bodies in their 3Shape library (lab, IO and IO SA).

Picking the wrong one will allow you to match using 3 points but will result in 1mm vertical discrepancy.
I bet this is the issue. Some scan bodies have two different lengths.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I bet this is the issue. Some scan bodies have two different lengths.
A little off topic, but Did you know dentsply reps that sell the primescan pitch those docs to use Atlantis directly for a much cheaper price they even offer labs on implants? I know you say you use Atlantis a lot, but this why I've really stayed clear of them.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
A little off topic, but Did you know dentsply reps that sell the primescan pitch those docs to use Atlantis directly for a much cheaper price they even offer labs on implants? I know you say you use Atlantis a lot, but this why I've really stayed clear of them.
Interesting. I wonder if this is region specific. I've been working with Atlantis/Dentslply for 15+years now. They actually gave me access to Sirona doctors for free over a year ago which has opened my lab up to several new accounts. When you say they are offering the abutments to docs for a much cheaper price, do you know what that price is? Even if they were doing that in my region, I am not too concerned. I've got a large enough client base that sends work to me specifically because they rely on my experience to ensure their implant cases get handled properly. Any docs that are trying to do "lab work" themselves are probably not going to use my lab.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
So I have a strange problem just checking to see if anyone else has had this.

So one of my doctors upgraded to a prime scan, ( no issues with the Omnicam )so now all of his screw retained implants are 1mm short with open contacts they look fine on 3shape design software and on the printed models. Regular crown and bridge is fine, I though it might be an issue with the implant direct scan bodies so I bought him some argen ones. It’s the same issue 1mm short open contacts.

Of course sirona was no help.
Glad to know you could use 3Shape to design scans from competitor without too much intervention!
Sad to know Sirona was not helpful since your DDS is their client, you would think they will response
to his lab.
LCM

M

mmbh

Reaction score
We have a good relationship with the sirona / dentsply reps locally. They sell Atlantis pretty hard in the area and refer them to us for Atlantis abutments even though I use Exocad.