Mohammed Eissa

Reaction score
Good Morning, evening :)
I would like to know average price for cam software compatible with DWX 52D
Thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sum3d/Mill box i'm guessing 5k to 7k, Hyperdent will be slightly more 7.5k. Don't go cheap, i cant express this any more then i have in the past with many others, do it right, this is what determines the out come of your work.

D

Dan Henry

Reaction score
I echo Sevan, when I bought my Roland 50 I used the trial version of Sum3D and Hyperdent. Hyperdent is far superior in every category. If you are interested I am selling My Hyperdent Classic software version 7.6. I bought it direct from Follow-Me Tech and am selling my Roland so I don’t need it anymore. I would be willing to give you a deal. Call me 425-971-1634
Dan

M

Mohammed Eissa

Reaction score
Sum3d/Mill box i'm guessing 5k to 7k, Hyperdent will be slightly more 7.5k. Don't go cheap, i cant express this any more then i have in the past with many others, do it right, this is what determines the out come of your work.
Thanks for the reply, have a good day :)

M

Mohammed Eissa

Reaction score
I echo Sevan, when I bought my Roland 50 I used the trial version of Sum3D and Hyperdent. Hyperdent is far superior in every category. If you are interested I am selling My Hyperdent Classic software version 7.6. I bought it direct from Follow-Me Tech and am selling my Roland so I don’t need it anymore. I would be willing to give you a deal. Call me 425-971-1634
Dan
Thanks

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
As usual Sevan has it exactly right, CAM software is amoung one of the most important (and most commonly misunderstoodm and over-looked) components in determining the quality of a finished CAD/CAM restoration- it's one of the "big four" that also includes: machine construction, fixturing, and machining templates.

Relative to machining templates, not all templates are created equal . Many times "stock" templates supplied by the manufacturer are not the most efficient our don't produce the highest quality, optimal production speed or longest tool life.

There are distributers of machines (though not that many) like us that have have the experience to develop and supply significant improved templates that produce far superior results.

I encourage anyone looking to purchase a machine (either as their first machine or to add to and existing CNC machine environment) to visit our website where the detail of the "big four" is discussed- including CAM software and templates.

Here is the link: lhttp://www.axsysdental.com/UniqueSolution.html#fourkeyelements

Also, be cateful Dan, I encourage you to check your software license agreement, as selling your software is most likely in violation of this agreement. What purchasers get when aquiring CAD/CAM software (actually just about any software) is a non-transferable Right to Use license. Many times there is a provision to allow the transfer of the RTU license (at the publishers descretion) which usually includes a transfer fee.

The technically illegal, direct sale of this RTU license between two parties is problematic in many ways, especially when the "purchasing" attempts to update, upgrade our obtain support for the software

Software publishers and distributors of their software are very sensitive to this and take it very seriously.

Just sayin'...

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Good Morning, evening :)
I would like to know average price for cam software compatible with DWX 52D
Thanks
Fusion360 by Autodesk $40/month.

I use this industrial CAM software that can be adapted for your dental application and far more powerful than the precanned dental CAM software.

The zirconia rep. that stopped by my lab a month ago was blown away by the detail of a 9 unit bridge that my little mill produced with Fusion360.

Ken

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Fusion360 by Autodesk $40/month.

I use this industrial CAM software that can be adapted for your dental application and far more powerful than the precanned dental CAM software.

The zirconia rep. that stopped by my lab a month ago was blown away by the detail of a 9 unit bridge that my little mill produced with Fusion360.

Ken
So this is just subscription only not a purchase product? I have just been using Delcam that came with my Axsys 5xs. It has served me well as I am not doing any of the really big cases I see on here. But I like to stay abreast for the future.

Last edited:
Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
So this is just subscription only not a purchase product? I have just been using Delcam that came with my Axsys 5xs. It has served me well as I am not doing any of the really big cases I see on here. But I like to stay abreast for the future.
Cloud based software. Software for computation is on your desktop. Files and software updates on cloud.

No annual licenses or any of that stuff. What you can do and milling tools is unlimited. More of a learning curve but can do a lot.....lot more.

Funny..the zirconia rep. showed me an Imes-5-axis milled full arch model that looked impressive. I then showed him a 3-axis milled anterior 9 unit bridge with my custom built mill using Fusion360...equally impressive....I declined picture taking....

The only ones making money in this business are the suppliers of equipment and zirconia. They get you coming and going.

I have to think outside of the box and rethink preconceived notions to survive.

Ken

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Cloud based software. Software for computation is on your desktop. Files and software updates on cloud.

No annual licenses or any of that stuff. What you can do and milling tools is unlimited. More of a learning curve but can do a lot.....lot more.

Funny..the zirconia rep. showed me an Imes-5-axis milled full arch model that looked impressive. I then showed him a 3-axis milled anterior 9 unit bridge with my custom built mill using Fusion360...equally impressive....I declined picture taking....

The only ones making money in this business are the suppliers of equipment and zirconia. They get you coming and going.

I have to think outside of the box and rethink preconceived notions to survive.

Ken
Are there limits to the machines that can use this CAM? Was it plug and play or did it take a lot of tinkering to get it to work?

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Are there limits to the machines that can use this CAM? Was it plug and play or did it take a lot of tinkering to get it to work?
Took about a month to get the tool paths down for margins and implant crowns. The post processing handles most machine controllers. Most dental milling machines use common machine controllers..like Fanuc..etc. I use LinuxCNC.
Fusion360 has a Free 30 day evaluation.

Ken

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
...sounds way beyond my skill level.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
skillset required to do what ken boasts is actually a fairly high bar. beginning to sound on par with the scotts of the world.

but i mean, the man was in the tech team at glidewell, so of course.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
That sounds interesting, is there anyone who can sell already made tool patch strategies and support the use of Fusion360 software?
HAHAHAHA omg i laughed so hard i am crying.

thank you.

no, the people with recipes for toolpaths won't sell you it. #1 you need a postprocessor for your mill, which does not come with fusion360 and which the mill manufacturer will not create for you no matter what cam you use. 2. you will have to create machine kinematics so that fusion knows how much angle = collisions. also maximum feeds, speeds, and reach. 3. you will have to create holder geometry so you can avoid tools smashing into the holder.

this is not as simple as buy a thing off the shelf, especially when fusion360 is Software As A Service, or subscription based.

you won' get fusion360 to spit out code for your mill without being a true cnc operator, instead of a dental technician.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
CLH is laughing and I get it. But I'm more of a "pissed-off" state of mind.

Seriously? Been there done that and "That dog won't hunt". Well maybe for a couple of hunters.

Apparently the OP doesn't need quality and/or timely support from Autodesk in application or post processor development which is a good thing because its a damn hard thing to get. And, apparently we don't need many support personnel (who actually know more that most users who call in) to supply timely resolution to problems, work without healthcare for free. Funny thing, I can't seem to find anyone to do that. Oh yes, and the same for software companies.

I'll put the results of our stock "precanned dental software" (programming time, machine time, tool wear, fit, finish, etc.) up-against anything any hot-shot Fusion 360 operator can come up with after dinking around with straegies, parameters, post processsing, etc. any day of the week.

Speaking as an industrial CAD/CAM supplier (27 years),current Mastercam distributor and former Delcam distributor in that space and a supplier of dental CAD/CAM solutions (including hyperDENT),I have just three words to contribute...

Good Freakin' Luck!

OK, I feel a bit better now. Sorry for the rant...

P

Piotr

Reaction score
CLH is laughing and I get it. But I'm more of a "pissed-off" state of mind.

Seriously? Been there done that and "That dog won't hunt". Well maybe for a couple of hunters.

Apparently the OP doesn't need quality and/or timely support from Autodesk in application or post processor development which is a good thing because its a damn hard thing to get. And, apparently we don't need many support personnel (who actually know more that most users who call in) to supply timely resolution to problems, work without healthcare for free. Funny thing, I can't seem to find anyone to do that. Oh yes, and the same for software companies.

I'll put the results of our stock "precanned dental software" (programming time, machine time, tool wear, fit, finish, etc.) up-against anything any hot-shot Fusion 360 operator can come up with after dinking around with straegies, parameters, post processsing, etc. any day of the week.

Speaking as an industrial CAD/CAM supplier (27 years),current Mastercam distributor and former Delcam distributor in that space and a supplier of dental CAD/CAM solutions (including hyperDENT),I have just three words to contribute...

Good Freakin' Luck!

OK, I feel a bit better now. Sorry for the rant...
Hi whats your type of cam soft for today, You got a lomg 28years in the industy. Im asking for an advice, standing to buy Work NC or hyperdent or sum3d to mill abutments with hex.
Thank you

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi whats your type of cam soft for today, You got a lomg 28years in the industy. Im asking for an advice, standing to buy Work NC or hyperdent or sum3d to mill abutments with hex.
Thank you
We market and support hyperDENT, which I believe, for many reasons, to be the most robust dental CAM solution. Of the two remaining, functionality aside, only one has what I would consider a serious commitment to dental applications and a wide user base.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
We market and support hyperDENT, which I believe, for many reasons, to be the most robust dental CAM solution. Of the two remaining, functionality aside, only one has what I would consider a serious commitment to dental applications and a wide user base.
Great to know and I respect your expertise ,
I have a question though if you don’t mind me asking is, how to mark or mill the tooth ID on zirconia crowns/cases with hyperdent basic software without breaking the bank and buying the full version? Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Great to know and I respect your expertise ,
I have a question though if you don’t mind me asking is, how to mark or mill the tooth ID on zirconia crowns/cases with hyperdent basic software without breaking the bank and buying the full version? Thanks
use the Set Tags function. this will let you click to set an engravable text on your part on any side. then your provider will need to create a toolpath for your template that uses the Engraving routine.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
use the Set Tags function. this will let you click to set an engravable text on your part on any side. then your provider will need to create a toolpath for your template that uses the Engraving routine.
Thanks, I have to check when at the lab, is this doable with Hyperdent basic? If you can show with pics would be grate.