Prettau Zirconium for all front teeth?

S

Scorpy

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants to get Prettau Zirconium crowns on all his front teeth, and he asked me what I think about it. But I don't work with these crowns.

I know some of you guys on the forum here do work on Zirkonzahn Prettau, and I'd like your opinion.

They look fine to me, they're one of those high translucent zirconia crowns.

Here - https://zirkonzahn.com/ca/prettau-zirconia/prettau-zirconia

What do you think?

Thanks

G

grantoz

Reaction score
best you can get if you have a good tech

S

Scorpy

Reaction score
best you can get if you have a good tech

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

If we compare with e.max (lithium disilicate),these prettau crowns are stronger, but less aesthetic.

And if we compare with PFZ, the prettau crowns don't have the 2 weak points that PFZ has - the place where the porcelain meets the zirconium substructure, and the porcelain itself.

My friend says he wants to sacrifice a bit on the aesthetic side, in order to get a crown that's a bit stronger and may last him longer, and that's less likely to chip. I can't blame the guy.

The one thing that worries me a bit is that all of these monolithic high translucent zirconia crowns are a newer generation crowns, so they haven't been tested as thoroughly through the decades. And if you put them on all of your front teeth (1 crown per tooth, not a bridge),and then an unexpected problem occurs, you're in for a world of hurt.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
prettau 2 is different its 1100mpa right thru the whole crown its not weaker in the incisal 3rd also you don't need to sacrifice aesthetics i do a lot of jobs where there is emax veneers and prettau 2 crowns side by side they all match. its also been around for 4 years now ,no problems so far .If you find a lab that uses prettau 2 you know generally that they are better quality as prettau 2 is more expensive and takes longer to fire so the guys using it are not your cheap cookie cutter labs the tend to be high end better expertise labs. check out the zirkonzahn website their training is excellent.