Pressure Pot Gasket

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Years ago I had a problem finding a gasket for my pressure pot. The maker had gone belly up. Zahn was our exclusive supplier at the time for most things and they had no answer other than "Be glad to sell you a new one."
I didn't take kindly to that. These things are not that different from pressure cookers. I went to WalPukeMart.
They had a $50 pressure cooker that I verified in the store had the same lip and lid measurements. New Gasket.
But I also saved the insert saying where to get a replacement. Just found it again.Here y'go:

$10/each with USPS shipping for $3. Looks like they ship from New Jersey for everything.

It is a soft silicone gasket. They have 9 and 10 inch ones. Stated life of around 12-15 months, which jives with my experience.This is only for pots that don't exceed 30ish PSI. Took my pot to 40 PSI once by a stupid accident. Gasket held. But please don't use it on the 90 PSI jobs.
If you don't know, the pot/gasket size is the size of the pot's rim, not the lid or gasket itself.

Here's the website
http://www.fagoramerica.com/shop2/replacement_parts/express

Hope it helps someone.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'd bet that if you called them they'd sell you a bunch for a really good price.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'd bet that if you called them they'd sell you a bunch for a really good price.
Yeah, probably, but then you have to store them in a way that will not warp and maintain them with oil every so often so they will not dry out. I thought of buying 4 or 5 and then just hanging on to them, but that concern kept me from doing that.

larsondental

larsondental

Reaction score
Erepalcementparts.com is another good site for pressure pot gaskets

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, probably, but then you have to store them in a way that will not warp and maintain them with oil every so often so they will not dry out. I thought of buying 4 or 5 and then just hanging on to them, but that concern kept me from doing that.

"It is a soft silicone gasket"
Silicone as a material dose not dry out contrary to rubber.
Just paint it with high quality silicone compound and it last and last.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just an update. Fagoramerica.com still sells them, but they've changed backend suppliers for after sales service.

The 9 and 10 inch gaskets are the same, but now they are $21.00 each with FedEx service included in the price. Quite a jump from $15/each.

Now shipping from AZ it looks like.

Top Bottom