Pressure Dome

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Hi. Anyone ever used a pressure dome from Keystone on a vacuum former? A biostar is out of the question for me, can’t justify the ROI for my little one man do everything show. So I was considering something better than just a vacuum former if that exists? Or is there a Biostar knock off that’s worth buying? Or someone selling a biostar that works and you realize that dental equipment really has little resale value? Haha. Thanks

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi. Anyone ever used a pressure dome from Keystone on a vacuum former? A biostar is out of the question for me, can’t justify the ROI for my little one man do everything show. So I was considering something better than just a vacuum former if that exists? Or is there a Biostar knock off that’s worth buying? Or someone selling a biostar that works and you realize that dental equipment really has little resale value? Haha. Thanks
Remind me after lunchtime if I haven't responded and you've got no answers. I told someone they exist and I just don't know if they ever got one.

The concern I had about them is the form will be cooled by the rapidly entering air.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Check out eBay for a biostar, they have one for $1400. They also have an Erkodent Erkoform for $1500.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I have a drufomat, I also use it as my pressure pot 90psi. So If you could justify that.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I bought my biostar for like $800, and while I dont use it often, I cant imagine going back to a suckdown machine, totally different concept, different results, different materials. If I were to use it daily, I wouldnt bother with anything else.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Thanks for input. I’ve looked at the ones on eBay. Meh. Tack on 35% for currency exchange and then import fees it’ll top 2K. Yikes.

I used a drufomat years ago. I can’t understand how you’d use it as a pressure pot tho.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
well thats just friggin awesome. Thank you. Actually found a guy in BC selling his Dru a year ago. It works fabuolously, and now I will use it as a pressue pot too. Too bad it won't keep the bowl warm too! Thank you, I am most appreciative!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
well thats just friggin awesome. Thank you. Actually found a guy in BC selling his Dru a year ago. It works fabuolously, and now I will use it as a pressue pot too. Too bad it won't keep the bowl warm too! Thank you, I am most appreciative!
Most cold cure cures in ~10 minutes. I use probase cold it works really well for me. Sorry I took so long to respond. 90 Psi makes great repairs, Love it.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Dreve makes polymax that is a heated pressure pot that goes up to 6 bar, and has a timer. I cannot justify the price tag when I have essentially what I need with the pressure vessel. I guess if I were pouring, or press packing dentures it may make sense.

U

ubay

Reaction score
Most cold cure cures in ~10 minutes. I use probase cold it works really well for me. Sorry I took so long to respond. 90 Psi makes great repairs, Love it.
Is there a way to use the Drufomat as a pressure pot without using the pressure pot accessory? Can you use a short container with water and the usual ring?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Is there a way to use the Drufomat as a pressure pot without using the pressure pot accessory? Can you use a short container with water and the usual ring?
90 psi what sort of short container do you expect to handle that much force? The pressure vessel is thick metal.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The biostar is worth the money, the pressure forming is better technology than suckdowns that tear and leak, and the materials are much better. I honestly havent used it in years, but have 2 nightguards to make today ironically.