Pressure Dome

John in Canada

John in Canada

Hi. Anyone ever used a pressure dome from Keystone on a vacuum former? A biostar is out of the question for me, can’t justify the ROI for my little one man do everything show. So I was considering something better than just a vacuum former if that exists? Or is there a Biostar knock off that’s worth buying? Or someone selling a biostar that works and you realize that dental equipment really has little resale value? Haha. Thanks

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Hi. Anyone ever used a pressure dome from Keystone on a vacuum former? A biostar is out of the question for me, can’t justify the ROI for my little one man do everything show. So I was considering something better than just a vacuum former if that exists? Or is there a Biostar knock off that’s worth buying? Or someone selling a biostar that works and you realize that dental equipment really has little resale value? Haha. Thanks
Remind me after lunchtime if I haven't responded and you've got no answers. I told someone they exist and I just don't know if they ever got one.

The concern I had about them is the form will be cooled by the rapidly entering air.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Check out eBay for a biostar, they have one for $1400. They also have an Erkodent Erkoform for $1500.

Reactions: JMN
JKraver

JKraver

I have a drufomat, I also use it as my pressure pot 90psi. So If you could justify that.

Affinity

Affinity

I bought my biostar for like $800, and while I dont use it often, I cant imagine going back to a suckdown machine, totally different concept, different results, different materials. If I were to use it daily, I wouldnt bother with anything else.

OP
John in Canada

John in Canada

Thanks for input. I’ve looked at the ones on eBay. Meh. Tack on 35% for currency exchange and then import fees it’ll top 2K. Yikes.

I used a drufomat years ago. I can’t understand how you’d use it as a pressure pot tho.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom