Pressing Milled Wax

J

jms804

Reaction score
Have been pressing milled wax with mixed results. I place in the burnout at 1560 and have been adding extra time before pressing. I'm using emax speed investment.
Thanks,
Jack

Isbill lab

Isbill lab

Reaction score
I use z4 and burnout at 1620 and they have looked good.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Is the breakdown at the margin and the pitting rough or smooth/rounded? If it's rough, look to investment breakdown (possible too high calibrations). If it's smooth/rounded look to oven calibrations (too low) or insufficient vacuum .

Others, chime in!

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Is the breakdown at the margin and the pitting rough or smooth/rounded? If it's rough, look to investment breakdown (possible too high calibrations). If it's smooth/rounded look to oven calibrations (too low) or insufficient vacuum .

Others, chime in!

I've never pressed milled wax yet, so what is the difference between pressing milled wax and "normal" wax?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We press a lot of milled wax. Not all millable wax is the same. Some wax materials have more plastic than others. We have 4 different wax discs. There is a beige that works the best in my lab for both speed and overnight burnout. If you are in the US I will send you a sample disc to try. Just PM me your contact info.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I've pressed about 10 nits that were milled. They were loose, no biggie, adjustments were made and its nice to do things this way.

G

GDAcadcam

Reaction score
We press a lot of milled wax. Not all millable wax is the same. Some wax materials have more plastic than others. We have 4 different wax discs. There is a beige that works the best in my lab for both speed and overnight burnout. If you are in the US I will send you a sample disc to try. Just PM me your contact info.
what discs are you currently using? our lab is looking into adopting this workflow

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
what discs are you currently using? our lab is looking into adopting this workflow

Check with @rc75 (sponsor here). I press and cast his grey wax. Using Cream Press, No fins pressing and casting.
No brainer , like with this combo eMax & Gold case.
B942275B-10E8-478B-BA88-E233C605C5F0.jpeg

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score

Give me a call @GDAcadcam . We have 4 different color wax disc to offer all burnout clean.
Not a problem to send you a sample.