Pressed Veneers

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I'm pretty much a foil guy when it comes to veneers. Anyway a Dr. who quit sending me work 10 years ago wants me to do 6 lower veneers to match 6 upper veneers we did 12 years ago. First thought was to tell him to take a hike but the guy does really nice preps and impression and Id like to have his work back. He wants them all pressed. Is there a good way to hold the veneers to the die after its pressed ? I've used Vaseline before but there has to be something better.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
DVA makes a product called tak gel

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Don't forget X10 yearly price increases :p:p:p:p:p (Newton's third law of motion)

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Wondergel from dental creations works very well.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Don't forget X10 yearly price increases :p:p:p:p:p (Newton's third law of motion)
True, It didnt really bother me when he left, terrible pay. I had to always call and beg for a payment. I can only hope that things have changed and it wont take 6 months to collect on these.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm pretty much a foil guy when it comes to veneers. Anyway a Dr. who quit sending me work 10 years ago wants me to do 6 lower veneers to match 6 upper veneers we did 12 years ago. First thought was to tell him to take a hike but the guy does really nice preps and impression and Id like to have his work back. He wants them all pressed. Is there a good way to hold the veneers to the die after its pressed ? I've used Vaseline before but there has to be something better.

Another option you may consider is to make a refractory model. You don't have to transfer the veneer to the pin this way.It's much easier to add any porcelain .

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score

Small dab of Elmers All Purpose Glue Stick, water soluble and burns off cleanly.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I guess he's gonna be pissed when your "new" veneers look so much more lively than the 10 year old ones. That dual cue cement has caused a lot of shade matching problems that I am not responsible for trying to overcome.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
True, It didnt really bother me when he left, terrible pay. I had to always call and beg for a payment. I can only hope that things have changed and it wont take 6 months to collect on these.
tell him your payment structure changed. payment via CC upon delivery.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I use chap stick to hold veneers on the model. Just swipe some on the die and stick them on. Also tell them you now only work with credit card on file charged when case is shipped or C.O.D.

Last edited:
G

GarryB

Reaction score
I use a Prit stick. (the paper glue) may or may not be called something else over there.

Works really well.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Save yourself some $$$$. Wondergel does not work as advertisted. Around $13.00 for a 3cc syringe of this junk. We find that a $6-$7 dollar tube of hair gel works much better, and it's 9 0unces of material.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Tell him to take a hike.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Toothpaste

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use chap stick to hold veneers on the model. Just swipe some on the die and stick them on. Also tell them you now only work with credit card on file charged when case is shipped or C.O.D.
The petrol base of most chap sticks doesn't grey?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I have only does this a couple times and is a little scary. Pinch of super glue and put the die in some acetone when done grinding to remove from die.

Davalier

Davalier

Reaction score
where do you get the foil? I can't find it in my country;C