Premium zirconia bridge

spacemanspiff

spacemanspiff

Reaction score
Fresh from the milling center. Done with origin exocad. Thought I would make the ceramists job a little easier.

IMG_3461.JPG IMG_3503.JPG
IMG_3503.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score
You are getting plenty of looks but no comments, so I step up. having posted a pic of some of your work, you are ahead of me so I give you credit for that. Personally, theres a few things Id like changed if I were your ceramist. On both bridges Id like to see the connectors moved up a bit into the actual contact area, and make them taller so you have enough material that you could sculpt them back a bit from the labial; you might be ok there, but it looks like they might be bulging some on the three unit. Any chance of seeing the finished stuff when theyre done?

spacemanspiff

spacemanspiff

Reaction score
I think they've gone out already, but I'll check when I get back Monday. I mirrored the larger bridge and made the mamelons as tall as the mirrored image. Thanks for the advice!

J

James Kivimaki

Reaction score
I like them but as previously stated I also think the connectors need to be moved up. More so on the 4 unit than on the 3 unit. I do like the cut back though!

what did the ceramists think? I have some diva ceramist who would find any reason to complain. lol

user name

user name

Reaction score
I like them but as previously stated I also think the connectors need to be moved up. More so on the 4 unit than on the 3 unit. I do like the cut back though!

what did the ceramists think? I have some diva ceramist who would find any reason to complain. lol
Youre fortunate to have a diva. There are too many that will accept anything, and sadly, because they dont know any better.

Spaceman...does exo have any feature that helps with the mamelons or did you have to wax knife it all? I use 3shape, and I dont get mine that detailed. Also...whats it being milled on and with?

R

rich green

Reaction score

Like the three unit alot. connector comments are valid. I have found that often times folks who design frames haven't had much time on the porcelain bench. Connectors could be moved incisally and/or what I prefer is to see the connectors on zirc as long as possible and pulled towards the lingual and incisal , using the vertical strength and the coloring inherent in the zirc to allow the ceramist to open up the interproximals and make them as deep as possible. Using zirc instead of metal lets the ceramist have what amounts to a full zirconia lingual without the substructure showing through. make sense? (I have also found that on my initial bake I place body or dentin porcelain in the incisal embrasure space It helps provide a little color support right in that area)

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
My initial concern would be would the sharp mamelon points create issues for the porcelain? Would the porcelain be more likely to fracture do to this? I don't do any ceramics so it's probably just inexperience on my point of view?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i dont usually create mamelons, but when i do its not on the order of that magnitude.

must have been wild to mill.

cool! or, Spiffy.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we make designs like that (from the zirkonzahn book alot) -

things to consider - instead of having a ton of porcelain on the interproximals, build the connectors upwards like old school metal struts. You don't need to leave all that empty.

What will really save time for the ceramist is when he only has to do incisal across the board LOL