Preferred Baseplate Wax?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I have a feeling this is completely lab tech specific, but any preferred baseplate/set-up wax out there?

One of my techs know likes the Shur Wax X-Hard ($80/5lbs) but it's expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it. Another likes the less expensive Coltene Extra Tough wax ($53/5lbs) that seems to be fine.

I was just curious if theree was any majority consensus on baseplate wax. We are not a high end lab that charges more than $80/setup, so want to make sure it's economical and decent quality.

Thanks!

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
The Shur Wax extra hard is worth every penny, I wouldn't use anything else!! The teeth stay where you put them, a lot of waxes they move when it cools, not with the shur wax. I tried the Coltene when they were out of shur wax and didn't like it at all. I guess it's each persons preference.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use set up wax for everything haven't had any problems at try-in I use a light cure base its soft and I can manipulate it easily. Maybe when I am a pro ill like the harder wax.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
I think every tech will have a different answer. I've used the #2 wax by Schein for years and never had a problem. Think its around $63/5 lbs.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Yates and Motloid have some nice wax for decent prices, around $55 for 5lb if i remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
try a few... ask for samples, surely they will give a few sheets. Find what you like and run with it.
Wax is probably one of your most important materials, simply find what works for you!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I have a feeling this is completely lab tech specific, but any preferred baseplate/set-up wax out there?

One of my techs know likes the Shur Wax X-Hard ($80/5lbs) but it's expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it. Another likes the less expensive Coltene Extra Tough wax ($53/5lbs) that seems to be fine.

I was just curious if theree was any majority consensus on baseplate wax. We are not a high end lab that charges more than $80/setup, so want to make sure it's economical and decent quality.

Thanks!
If you use a different wax to set up and veneer/ carve, cost is easier to control.
A good set up wax may run more, but if you use it just to fixate teeth you don't use so much.
Bulk waxing the cameo should be a med baseplate wax, and that can be cheap.

E

Eyelabman

Reaction score
Has anyone found a proper replacement for TruDent baseplate extra hard?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use the gebdi wax it is very similar to the candulor wax, supposedly the same plant.

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
Set-rite by yates motloid
is tough and does not seem to shrink off model when cooled.