Preciso Exocad implant design

S

skim

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I have the preciso exocad and I am trying to bring in teeth from the library when I am designing screw retained implant cases. I cannot get Jensen to help me with this. In the DB, I have tried marking the teeth 2 different ways.
I have marked it as an "anatomic crown" with "screw retained manual position". This allows me to bring in a library tooth, but if the screw channel is between 2 teeth, the screw channels get filled with the teeth and it ain't pretty.
The 2nd way was marked as an "anatomic waxup" with "screw retained manual position". This allows the screw channels anywhere but the CAD will not allow me to bring in a tooth from the library. It forces me to scan a preop (waxup). What if I don't have a preop? Why can't I build with a library tooth? Please help!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Start by selecting pontic wax up. In DB where is says 'Scan Waxup' select no.
Design your crowns connected together.
When you are happy with the design save as stl. Now you have a preop wax up scan.
Start the job as anatomic wax up manual positioning and manually import the jaw scan and the wax up scan you just created.
The wizard will guide you the rest of the way. Now and it doesn't matter where the implant positions are relative to the restoration.

S

skim

Reaction score
Start by selecting pontic wax up. In DB where is says 'Scan Waxup' select no.
Design your crowns connected together.
When you are happy with the design save as stl. Now you have a preop wax up scan.
Start the job as anatomic wax up manual positioning and manually import the jaw scan and the wax up scan you just created.
The wizard will guide you the rest of the way. Now and it doesn't matter where the implant positions are relative to the restoration.
I got on FB and someone helped me there. I am having to scan the case in and then start a new DB and bring in the file I just scanned manually. When I do this, CAD asks if I want to continue with a virtual wax design (finally) . This would be great to have in the DB somewhere. The DB does not give me a choice for a waxup or preop scan. I have tried to explain this to Jensen but they don't seem to understand what my issue is.
Your way is a great idea too! I would just have to import the STL during the scan. Thanks for your input on a weekend!

Top Bottom