Practical and Useful thoughts about our situation during this Pandemic

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I would like to know what owners are doing out there. Our employees will collect unemployment insurance from the government whereas we cannot. The expenses of the lab keep running on: rent, leases for equipment, bank loans, property taxes, hydro, heat etc. How are we expected to pay for this for the long term. We might have a small war chest, but that will shortly run out. May our employees stay safe and healthy and hopefully they have a lab to come back to in a couple of months.

Stay safe everyone and hope to see you on the other side of this pandemic.
We are looking towards very though times indeed...😢

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
My wife filled out some forms for VT, I have no idea if it will amount to anything or not.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Wonder if those big cities also have 5 G ..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Apparently this virus is now airborne.
As JMN mentioned before, the n95 mask being recommended, is in short supply.
I have had conflicting advice from some of my clients stating that this is a droplet virus.
Hence a mask is unnecessary and should only be used if you are ill. Now it seems that they could be mistaken.

any practical or useful thoughts as the OP posted? still waiting for those adults to contribute something intelligent......

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
any practical or useful thoughts as the OP posted? still waiting for those adults to contribute something intelligent......
The critical ones never seem to have anything to contribute except criticism.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Avoid falling into a funk, don't eat junk.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
5 G can boil water.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah , inside your stomach. Theres only 10k antennae in wuhan alone.. but nothing to see here.. move on.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You're gonna make me work huh?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im a kook dont listen to me.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Honestly, you have to do damage control at this point. If you have employees, you unfortunately have to lay them off. Don't terminate there employment due to they can receive federal funds if temporary laid off versus terminating them. No honor in trying to keep them on payroll if they have nothing to come back too. Financing a loan, they are out there but at this point I'd hold off, interest rates and it may be awhile. Also, I have a feeling they will come out with grants at some point. Many mortgage and landlords will work with ya...just ask them. Some here had there accountants make them corporations. You can lay yourself off. I have a feeling you fine folks still working won't see many of your Docs pay there lab bill next month...keep that in mind. I would hope they would but I doubt it. Just some business thoughts running around in my mind, please share if you have more to add.

Top Bottom