Pouring issue which it seems to have no solution for me argg

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Pouring acrylic with Hedent ( best german company for pouring ) but at the end i always always have to get the scalpel and clean between the denture teeth the light small acrylic left overs of the very thin acrylic which came out of the overall mixture so the very thin mixture always finds its way to spots where it shouldent go
I know if i solve this problem i probably can do lot more dentures a day sigh but can't find the solution of why this happens ..sometimes by pure luck at least i open the paty and see my denture so clean needs only polish pumis and ready to go ..

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
The problem is matrix. What are you using ? Silicone or agar ?

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
The problem is matrix. What are you using ? Silicone or agar ?
What is matrix ?
I use wash material on teeth then patty material over it.. this step is made without any errors because both materials are made for that step

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What is matrix ?
I use wash material on teeth then patty material over it.. this step is made without any errors because both materials are made for that step
Edy, I think we're running into some word usage differences that are making things difficult.
This may seem like I'm treating you as a simple minded person. Nothing couod be further from true. I am trying to make sure there is total understanding.
Generally poured acrylic is used by putting the waxup in a flask, pouring reversible hydrocoloid over it and when ithe hydrocolloid sets the entire denture and model are gently removed. Holes are created from the area of the hydrocolloid negative where the wax was to the outside of the flask. Then the wax is boiled off, teeth reinserted into the hydrocolloid, model has separator applied and the model is reinserted, the flask closed and the acrylic poured into the created holes fills the void left where wax used to be.

Now that my expectations are clear.

My assumption is that you are using a silicone based putty matrix material that is either a two part putty or a putty and a paste activator that is squirted and mixed into the putty and that is what you are putting on the teeth before flasking and pouring hydrocolloid.

Is this putty matrix material that you are spreading on the teeth what you mean by 'patty'?

What is the wash material?

If you name specific products it could help.

If so, is it possible that the putty is not being fully set up before your hydrocolloid is introduced? That could possibly cause problems as the putty may shrink from the heat.

If any of my assumptions are wrong, please clarify.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I put my silicone over the teeth then let it cure under pressure in a palamat. Gets in all the hard to reach places...

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Edy, I think we're running into some word usage differences that are making things difficult.
This may seem like I'm treating you as a simple minded person. Nothing couod be further from true. I am trying to make sure there is total understanding.
Generally poured acrylic is used by putting the waxup in a flask, pouring reversible hydrocoloid over it and when ithe hydrocolloid sets the entire denture and model are gently removed. Holes are created from the area of the hydrocolloid negative where the wax was to the outside of the flask. Then the wax is boiled off, teeth reinserted into the hydrocolloid, model has separator applied and the model is reinserted, the flask closed and the acrylic poured into the created holes fills the void left where wax used to be.

My assumption is that you are using a silicone based putty matrix material that is either a two part putty or a putty and a paste activator that is squirted and mixed into the putty and that is what you are putting on the teeth before flasking and pouring hydrocolloid.

Is this putty matrix material that you are spreading on the teeth what you mean by 'patty'?

If so, is it possible that the putty is not being fully set up before your hydrocolloid is introduced? That could possibly cause problems as the putty may shrink from the heat.

My intuition says the teeth are floating ever so slightly.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Probably slightly floating from the N02

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
May not be true after all???? "Pouring acrylic with Hedent ( best german company for pouring )"

Edy

Edy

Reaction score

JMN its ok i like to receive a simple minded explination when we have such a difference in terms we use to speak and materials over that..
I use alphasil tec a 85 and for the silicon its from the same company mueller called dentalfoil ..its a blue silicon which i apply very good on the teeth and between the teeth very good to ensure it enters everywhere ... then i have 2 methods after that .. either i apply tge aplhasil tec a 85 immediately so it blends with the silicon and let the cure together ..either i let the silicon to cure and then i apply the alphasil over it ... two methods giving same result which is not a 100% perfect clean denture but rather with left overs of acrylic on the neck area of the denture teeth mostly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181106-113700.png
    Screenshot_20181106-113700.png
    468.9 KB · Views: 40
Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I put my silicone over the teeth then let it cure under pressure in a palamat. Gets in all the hard to reach places...
Interesting ... Just put in a pressure pot ? With water or just like that ?

Edy

Edy

Reaction score

Most of results are like this where i need to put much work to get those leftovers off
I had some lucky days ..very few where the denture is so clean it only needs some pumis polish and its ready to go ..have no idea how that came to be

Attachments

• 20181106_135941.jpg
    20181106_135941.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 42
I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Stop complicating things with all that extra work. The more you touch it the more chances there are for it to go wrong. Wax for finish, invest with 130degree hydrocolloid, chill for 35 mins or so, boil off teeth, jam 'em in the colloid and pour in the acrylic. No glue on teeth and should take about 20 mins from boilout to curing unit.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I invest in colloid, and I use robinson brushes obsessively to remove wax from teeth before investing, and I still get these issues more than Id like. I think these problems are just inherent to the pour technique. My docs get what they pay for though.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Pour acrylic is supposed to be 'thin' and 'loose' enough in its pouring state to get into and through 1mm and smaller places in diatorics with ease. You can get it to go only where you want, but it is always wanting to go everywhere there is a mosquito booger size spot.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I dont have that problem. do you use dedicated materials? not every hydrocolloid is good.

Are you sandblasting teeth ? Maybe too much and this is where the acrylic stains?
Do you steaming teeth? Hot boiled water ?

Looking at pic of dentures. Acrylic looks wrong. Why you trim them so much ?acrylic looks like porous.
how do you mix acrylic ? do you use the proportion?

I used dreve meterials, special self lubricating silicone and agar agar type material with no problem. Silicone is too perfect, so your wax need to be ideal like finished denture. I used to light body impression silicone and hard putty over it and there is no problem too. Just put matrix to pressure pot.
For me Your problem looks like teeth are to lose in your matrix, like material is too soft. Hydrocollood have to be harder one. I will put pic in next week. When i do my dentures.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
JMN its ok i like to receive a simple minded explination when we have such a difference in terms we use to speak and materials over that..
I use alphasil tec a 85 and for the silicon its from the same company mueller called dentalfoil ..its a blue silicon which i apply very good on the teeth and between the teeth very good to ensure it enters everywhere ... then i have 2 methods after that .. either i apply tge aplhasil tec a 85 immediately so it blends with the silicon and let the cure together ..either i let the silicon to cure and then i apply the alphasil over it ... two methods giving same result which is not a 100% perfect clean denture but rather with left overs of acrylic on the neck area of the denture teeth mostly
So pradobly your silicone is set to fast and its no perfect fit. Orrr you dont use any frames ? Cuvette? Box ?something to hold dimention ? You put raber band on your silicone matrix to hold it on model, then raber squish it and there is your problem. ????