Posted this in the "fixed" forum as well, hoping for input

P

protek25

Reaction score
I might be getting cold feet on using emax for this case I've got. It is the front 8 upper and lower.....uppers are veneers, and lowers are full coverage. Shade will be B1. No issues with the stump shades......If I go with this in emax, I'm thinking LT ingots, based on what I'm seeing here. I would do the lowers full contour, and slight cut back on the uppers.
The thing I'm worried about is the time factor....As usual, I don't have tons of time to do this case, and experimenting is ok, but time consuming. I'm a little worried about all the talk of the sensitivity everyone is talking about with pressing this stuff. I've pressed Finess, Avanti, a special blend that I get from DenMat, and I haven't had a single problem with my furnace, which is a FinessPress. It has a built in program for Finess which is right on the money, so I'm thinking that it is pretty good as far as temp calibrations, but I'm not sure how it will go with the emax.
Ceramco tech gave me this schedule

Base temp 700 Cel/1292 far.
Rate of climb 50deg cel/min/88 deg/min far.
High temp for small ring 925
Hold 15min
Press time 4.5 to 5 min
4.25 bar air pressure, which is the "standard" for this furnace.
What do you think, anybody......
I also wonder about whether or not I can use the disposable plungers. Is the Emax ingot the standard size? Can I use my reusable investment pressing rings? Would you put the investment under pressure while setting up, as I do for all my other investing?
How about Finess compared to Emax for looks? Or Avanti. Would any of you have gone on such a large case for a first time with Emax, considering what you Know?
I'm on a schedule....the case is on the model bench!!!! ???

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Emax ingot is larger in size and requires a specific investment ring (ivoclars). also plungers are bigger and not sure if disposables are available, maybe someone on the forum can help there. I have put a few pressings under pressure to try it and didnt seem to make any difference. Cannot help with press settings but sure someone can point you in the right direction.

jeff

P

protek25

Reaction score
Emax ingot is larger in size and requires a specific investment ring (ivoclars). also plungers are bigger and not sure if disposables are available, maybe someone on the forum can help there. I have put a few pressings under pressure to try it and didnt seem to make any difference. Cannot help with press settings but sure someone can point you in the right direction.

jeff

Thanks! I thought I'd heard that Ivoclar had done the "use our stuff only" route. Makes me mad.....Vita plays this game also.

Top Bottom