post-sintered zirconia add on, stain and glaze recommendations

• Thread starter Lindsay Patterson
  • Start date
L

Lindsay Patterson

Reaction score
Id appreciate some suggestions on good add on porcelain, stain and glaze system for sintered zirconia. Currently using pre-shaded NEXXRT zirconia pucks.

Thank you
Lindsay Patterson

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Id appreciate some suggestions on good add on porcelain, stain and glaze system for sintered zirconia. Currently using pre-shaded NEXXRT zirconia pucks.

Thank you
Lindsay Patterson

HI Lindsay! Of course I'm going to recommend the Ivocolor Stain and Glaze System. The shade pastes make it easy to hit the chroma and value modifications you need to make. The wide variety of Essence powders give you endless possibilities for characterization. The Fluo Glazes add the needed fluorescence to monolithic restorations that is needed as well as give you an excellent glaze at a low temperature (710C for all-ceramics - zirconia, e.max, Empress - full contour or layered). The glaze also has enough ceramic content that it can be used to add contacts (within limits) or change line-angles if needed. If a larger contact is needed, I use the IPS e.max Ceram Add-On powders in the appropriate translucency range (Incisal, Dentin, Margin, Bleach).

I hope this helps.

L

Lindsay Patterson

Reaction score
Thanks Patrick, you are always so helpful and I appreciate your prompt response. By the way, we ended up switching to the shaded pucks and we are extremely pleased with the results. However the material (GC Lustre Paste) I was given to add contacts and stain/glaze does not work well at all. I think I'm just going to call you directly when I need help from now on:)

Thank you,

Lindsay

Top Bottom