Post Covid-19 strategies

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
As labs do we know of anything yet that has been mandated towards us? Right now I use cardboard boxes to deliver my cases. Do you think I should preemptively go to plastic so I can let my accounts know that I wipe them down with Cavicide before I deliver the case. Or, is that a moot point if I'm not wearing gloves when I deliver the box?

I know the Dr's are getting hit hard with the guidelines and changes they need to make. Do we have anything in writing or on YouTube regarding labs yet?

Maybe Alex of O'Brien Dental Lab will make us another informative video :)
You may want to check NADL's website or any of the supply companies, in regards to videos etc. But. if you have employees, I think this should be your/our biggest concern, in regards of spreading the virus. Make sure they wear masks (unless your political affiliation doesn't allow you to do so Vroam) and make sure they wash their hands on a regular bases etc etc...
Delivery boxes can be handled with gloves and thrown away, after receiving them. What ever is inside, I'd spray it abundantly with Cavicide. After that, you should be ok. (IMHO)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm self employed so that helps to simplify things.

I figure what I'll also do is to clean the lab pans after every case use. I don't have a dishwasher at work, so I'll bring them home to wash.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm self employed so that helps to simplify things.

I figure what I'll also do is to clean the lab pans after every case use. I don't have a dishwasher at work, so I'll bring them home to wash.
Get some cavicide wipes for cleaning the lab pans. We’ve always cleaned them this way.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I suppose I'll need to wear a mask now, or at least for awhile, when I take custom shades.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
yep, I do and have worn netural colored gloves over the years, now it will also need to be a mask.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@JMN that's a nicer looking Alf avatar, then the red/orange fuzzy one you had :)

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
As labs do we know of anything yet that has been mandated towards us? Right now I use cardboard boxes to deliver my cases. Do you think I should preemptively go to plastic so I can let my accounts know that I wipe them down with Cavicide before I deliver the case. Or, is that a moot point if I'm not wearing gloves when I deliver the box?

I know the Dr's are getting hit hard with the guidelines and changes they need to make. Do we have anything in writing or on YouTube regarding labs yet?

Maybe Alex of O'Brien Dental Lab will make us another informative video :)

I’ve been thinking the same. Wondering about a larger ziplock plastic bag they can toss. But how would they send impression
cases. That would work for iOS.
I did get five cases from my largest office last week and they sent them in my boxes. I did toss the plastic crown boxes. Used to reuse those . Don’t feel comfortable anymore to do that.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I use paper bags to hold everything and a quart zippy bag for the pt contact stuff.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I did toss the plastic crown boxes. Used to reuse those . Don’t feel comfortable anymore to do that.
Same here. It's one of the little things we can tell them we're doing on our end for theirs and their patients sake. I just figure Ron will get my re-orders for crown boxes more frequently now.
I like that his come pre-packed with the foam pads already inserted.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I use paper bags to hold everything and a quart zippy bag for the pt contact stuff.
That's a good idea. Do you also use Sharpie on the outside of the bag the Dr's and patients name for when they put the bag on their lab counter?

My Dr's like that I put a 2 x 2 sticky note on the top of the box with the Dr's and patients name so they can see it from counter top view, or, they stick them on the end if they put it on a shelf. That's why I still want to use a box of some sort, even plastic if need be for the ability to wipe it with Cavicide wipes (thank you, Doris) and reuse it as a now sterile box.

I wrap the casts in bubble wrap, the impressions go in a baggie and the crowns in a box. It's clean when it leaves my lab, it's just that sometimes they're not as careful at sending impressions that may contaminate a cardboard box.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Question? When the new pres mandates masks down to the local level as stated on his new website, who will enforce the law if theres no police? Hmmmm2

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Question? When the new pres mandates masks down to the local level as stated on his new website, who will enforce the law if theres no police? Hmmmm2
The brownshirts. UPS.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
yep, I do and have worn netural colored gloves over the years, now it will also need to be a mask.
I just noticed this. Neutral colored gloves?!!!! Please tell me more of this.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea. Do you also use Sharpie on the outside of the bag the Dr's and patients name for when they put the bag on their lab counter?

My Dr's like that I put a 2 x 2 sticky note on the top of the box with the Dr's and patients name so they can see it from counter top view, or, they stick them on the end if they put it on a shelf. That's why I still want to use a box of some sort, even plastic if need be for the ability to wipe it with Cavicide wipes (thank you, Doris) and reuse it as a now sterile box.

I wrap the casts in bubble wrap, the impressions go in a baggie and the crowns in a box. It's clean when it leaves my lab, it's just that sometimes they're not as careful at sending impressions that may contaminate a cardboard box.
I'm sorry, totally forgot to answer.

The bag is folded over. The invoice folded in 1/4 showing the office and practitioner is stapled to the top. The pt name is not visible unless you look at the side touching the bag.

In times past I would paperclip a new blank Rx over the invoice. I stopped doing this as I had 2 times where I put the wrong new Rx over and delivered incorrectly. Now I just give them 10-20 blank ones whenever they ask and depending on their volume.

I'll try to remember to get pics tomorrow when packing one if you like.