Posca 2 1/2 gallon Duplicating Machine HELP!

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Our old TCS duplicating machine went belly up so we ordered this one. It heated up to the melting temp fine but it won't stay at the holding temp. it just keeps cooling down.
I've tried emailing and calling them to no avail. Their operating manual isn't telling me anything.
Does anyone here have one of these machines that could give me some advice.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Our old TCS duplicating machine went belly up so we ordered this one. It heated up to the melting temp fine but it won't stay at the holding temp. it just keeps cooling down.
I've tried emailing and calling them to no avail. Their operating manual isn't telling me anything.
Does anyone here have one of these machines that could give me some advice.
So it's basically a two stage thermostat system. The first stage works, then passes off to the second. Which fails.
They are pretty simple machines. A temperature probe/thermocouple, a heater, and a PID/thermostat that they connect to and controls the heater.

The PID box on the front that you set the temps with, it may be faulty. They do come bad out of the box. And they are commodity items now. Can be found for under $100 all over the place.
Short term fix, till you can get them to do what they should do and replace the entire thing or the PID, see if you can set it for non-timer operation at the melting temp, then when it's melted reprogram to the holding temp and leave timed off as well. It does work if you can tell the PID it is a single stage controller when programming it. Not really any different than a kiln/burnout oven controller.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
So it's basically a two stage thermostat system. The first stage works, then passes off to the second. Which fails.
They are pretty simple machines. A temperature probe/thermocouple, a heater, and a PID/thermostat that they connect to and controls the heater.

The PID box on the front that you set the temps with, it may be faulty. They do come bad out of the box. And they are commodity items now. Can be found for under $100 all over the place.
Short term fix, till you can get them to do what they should do and replace the entire thing or the PID, see if you can set it for non-timer operation at the melting temp, then when it's melted reprogram to the holding temp and leave timed off as well. It does work if you can tell the PID it is a single stage controller when programming it. Not really any different than a kiln/burnout oven controller.
They finally called me back, had me check a couple of settings and a couple weren't set right at the factory. We're running it through the full cycle now to see if that worked, if not, it's going back. I'm not messing with a brand new machine.
Hopefully this works. Fingers crossed! I had to use a pot on a hot plate all last week for dupes...ugh! I know, I'm spoiled!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
They finally called me back, had me check a couple of settings and a couple weren't set right at the factory. We're running it through the full cycle now to see if that worked, if not, it's going back. I'm not messing with a brand new machine.
Hopefully this works. Fingers crossed! I had to use a pot on a hot plate all last week for dupes...ugh! I know, I'm spoiled!
Glad they got back to you! Keep us posted please. And, yes, you're spoiled. Most of us are.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I’ve had the exact same machine for almost two yrs. Still works but starting to get noisier, like gear box noise. Doris A have what kind of a temperature spread do you get for the holding temp? Mine jumps around all over the place. Some days there’s a 10 deg c spread! It serves its purpose for what im doing w it but I’m tempted to call it a pos. From what I hear posca has gone downhill.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I’ve had the exact same machine for almost two yrs. Still works but starting to get noisier, like gear box noise. Doris A have what kind of a temperature spread do you get for the holding temp? Mine jumps around all over the place. Some days there’s a 10 deg c spread! It serves its purpose for what im doing w it but I’m tempted to call it a pos. From what I hear posca has gone downhill.
My holding temp ranges from 55-58 celcius. Mine was making a noise also, they told me to spray a little WD40 in the 2 holes at the top of the spindle, it took care of it...so far.