Porcelain Systems

G

Gregg@finadental

Reaction score
I am new to this- what do folks think is the best zirconia porcelains to use- best looking? Easiest to mill/finish?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Welcome to DLN Cheers

Gregg, your going to get a long list for a general question, be more specific.
Looking for low price, easy of use, larger porcelain selection kit, being able to use on both zir and emax with ease, Vita 3D shades without problems, richer chroma, using MiYO or GC Lustre already ? Your layered porcelain maybe my micro layered porcelain of choice. Not knowing your experience level of using zirconia, the color of your zir frame can easily change the shade & value of zir layered porcelain if that is why your asking about best zir porcelain.
Top of my list:
1. Vita Lumex AC: zirconia and LD, 3D shades, great shades, (top of my list if also using 3d shades.)
Creation CT: easy of use, large selection of powders, great shades.
GC rich chroma, easy to use, works better using multi powders, good price, great shades, (very well liked porcelain).
Jensen InSync: zirconia and LD. very easy to use, great shades, good pricing.
Noritake CZR: lower cost, 3D shades, very easy to use, best to use multi powders, personally don't like the shades as well and vitality on zirconia.
My $.02

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Everything Charles 007 is Spot On!! I personally use InSync Porcelain as well as MIYO. If I ever need to

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Sorry, to add more bulk in any area, I add in some InSync glaze powder with the appropriate body or incisal shade and use the InSync Amazing Magic Liquid. I LOVE this liquid as it takes So much stress out if my life!!!
I do a layerd glaze program and you can't detect the add on visually. Simply Perfect compared to days gone by. Literally living the dream with these materials and if anyone wants to know more about how much, just reply. No I don't work for Jensen, just utilize and Admire their Unique product totally!
Get Wet!!
With the Right Liquid 🙂

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Also, Get Wet with MIYO obviously! If you haven't tried you're really missing a great opportunity I have, in my 40+ years in Ceramics tried and tested EVERYTHING on the market.
MIYO was a Definate shift to " Ok, this is over the top amazing!!! I have gone from Dreading certain shade appointments to " I've got this" just through utilizing this incredible material. Seriously consider giving it a test, it changed my life to the absolute positive as a ceramist!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Also, Get Wet with MIYO obviously! If you haven't tried you're really missing a great opportunity I have, in my 40+ years in Ceramics tried and tested EVERYTHING on the market.
MIYO was a Definate shift to " Ok, this is over the top amazing!!! I have gone from Dreading certain shade appointments to " I've got this" just through utilizing this incredible material. Seriously consider giving it a test, it changed my life to the absolute positive as a ceramist!
So you’re saying it’s been a game changer?

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Totally agree with Sda36, MiYO is a Huge game changer to the market, like no other material I've ever used.
MiYO will up your game with little experience and make you want to stop layering porcelain, no joke !
Now back to the original post, I think InSync porcelain in combination with MiYO is probably the easiest system to use on zirconia and compatible with LD is an added plus. If your doing a lot of anteriors and really like to layer multiple powders, Vita or GC might be a better choice.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Apparently we will be growing teeth soon.
So keep all your old wilceram for plant food.
Well darn, I'm $hit out of luck,
I traded-in my old Ceramco and Wilceram porcelain back in the 80's. That was when some companies accepted porcelain in unopened and opened bottles of porcelain. I poured many brands of porcelain into plastic bags to ship off to Noritake. Guess I could make printed dentures in multiple shades once I lose all my toothie's. :D