polishing PMMA

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Lab Varnish from pearson dental, brush it on and light cure and done!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
PMMA,,,, Polymethyl Methacrylate, acrylic resin; same as most other denture base materials,,,,,so whatever is used to polish dentures, the same can be used for PMMA. Old school Jet Acrylic polished up nicely with just pumice and a touch of white buffing compound, same with PMMA. PMMA just like "Jet" (Glorified Jet) only the delivery system is different.

edit: And Oh yeah,,,smaller polishing rotaries required!

Remember D, we're dealing with c&b techs here . These prima donnas aren't used to manual polishing.

They could get their ascot in the bench lathe.:D

T

TomMor

Reaction score
Sorry to stray from the topic but I am wondering if milled pmma temps strong or do they tend to be brittle? I would like to start doing them again, but had some trouble with breakage in the past.

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Is there any material that you can use to add on to PMMA temp ? Such as contact or chip.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
@TomMor. ....they ten to be brittle.

@Saluki...Yes you can add, however if in the esthetic zone could be a challenge with matching. Use the appropriate tooth shaded acrylic and cure in a pressure pot. Good luck.

prosthotech

prosthotech

Reaction score
We've tried everything, but went back to old school fine pumice on a rag wheel lathe. Unbelievable finish.

prosthotech

prosthotech

Reaction score
Is there any material that you can use to add on to PMMA temp ? Such as contact or chip.

Parkell sells a binding agent , Add'n'bond, which allows composite to acrylic bonding. Bredent sells a similar product for sounding acrylic teeth with their resin composite.

We use the Parkell product to add characterization and shade changes to our pmma temps and to make repairs.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Anyone used the George taub minute stain? I need to add some color to a temporary bridge.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
whoever sells 3M products in your area,Zahn?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We love optiglaze color from GC it's very durable and a ton better than minute stains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
We love optiglaze color from GC it's very durable and a ton better than minute stains

After reading about the GC I'd like to eventually buy it.
I was leaning to this taub stuff as this is the first time I've needed it and I can get the whole taub kit for just over $100. I think it's worth it for a two week temporary bridge?

Any other George taub reviews anyone?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
If you really do not want to spend any money and you have some light cure varnish like palaseal you can mix in some porc stain and get what you need done

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
There' s 2 products from Brassler developed by Dr. Robert Winter. Meduim and high shine. Medium is a feather lite type rubber and high shine pink rubber knive edge. Absolutely amazing.