Please help lava esthetic nightmare

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
Hate this to be my first post but I really need your guys help. I'm very late to the milling game have been outsourcing. Jumped in basic Roland 51d and a nabertherm lht 02/17 purchased less than a year ago. It's been about 9 months I've been strictly using lava esthetics with great results... till this week. Ran the same manufacturer program flawlessly this whole time but now restorations are almost all coming very opaque and halo rings around the different shaded layers d2 a3 show up much deeper than a2 and lighter. First thing I thought of was under sintered so I bump up final to 1550 to test and still bad results. I can't figure out how to load pics lol

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you wont be able to load pics until you have a bunch of posts. we cant have everyone coming to spam sales pics.

but the problem could be a lot of things. the beads, the crucible, the liquid, the furnace elements... lots to check.

if its coming out light, check your furnace calibration.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
run a cycle with white material see what happens.

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
I ran it to 1600 last night hold 2 hrs with regular ht puck in it and ran a test afterwards. Waiting for it to cool right now check it out. I wish I could post pictures. You guys gotta see this lol. Keeping fingers crossed

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I ran it to 1600 last night hold 2 hrs with regular ht puck in it and ran a test afterwards. Waiting for it to cool right now check it out. I wish I could post pictures. You guys gotta see this lol. Keeping fingers crossed
You need something like 10 meaningful posts to have all the privileges turned on.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Maybe Ron @ TD Dental still has some of those calibration rings still available? We were able to verify our sinter temp with those very easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
On lava esthetics ran a 1200mpa white program which has a holds for 120 at 1530 and tests came out good actually little light but rings are gone nice color. This is after 1600 purge for 120 with blank in. My dilemma I'm out of time I gotta sinter today should I just bump up regular lava esthetics high temp from 1500 to 1530. Run the manufacturer times but with 1530 high temp?

C

cobusfourie

Reaction score
This furnace has a chimney on top. Take it out and steam clean once a month or when getting this contamination. Then run the cleaning cycle with leftover peaces of zirconia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Three things if I have prob 1. New sintering beads.
2.Use purge sinter material to decontaminate furnace & all trays together ( I have Silicon carbide elements ,so no cycle available for me )
3.Change elements & thermocouple . (Obviously I only go to defcon 3 if the first two don't work :) )

Last edited:
K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
I should get real purge material always told white block pieces work well. From what I see it's a temp problem tests I fired on a 6hr slow sinter at 1530 instead of 1500 came out pretty good. Next step is calibration disc right?

user name

user name

Reaction score
If you've ever been satisfied with Lava Esthetic, Id suggest an eye exam.

When sintering it, have you been leaving the bowl open? It out gasses quite a bit and doesnt like to sit in its vapours.

Do you clean them well before sintering? Sure youre not just seeing opacity and discoloration from left over dust?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
If you've ever been satisfied with Lava Esthetic, Id suggest an eye exam.

When sintering it, have you been leaving the bowl open? It out gasses quite a bit and doesnt like to sit in its vapours.

Do you clean them well before sintering? Sure youre not just seeing opacity and discoloration from left over dust?
“Vapours”....
The Canadians are making inroads.

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
I air blow them clean. Same methods for 9 months now popped up. I've been working all weekend trying to make up for the misfiring furnace. I'm gonna run test program I ran last night that came out decent little light and tackle the esthetic program tomorrow. I'm totally off manufacturers specs but as long as it is acceptable fix some of that lightness in glaze. Fingers crossed I have to sinter 60 units been backed up. Lesson here learned is I need a smaller backup furnace when your workhorse needs some attention. I'm small lab one mill one sinter. Thx for the help so far let you guys know how they come out tomorrow

user name

user name

Reaction score
Tough words...feel free to disregard-

Putting all your eggs in one basket, ( one mill, one sinter) is insanity. Redundancy. Its a must. At the very least, you have all the needed replacement parts for any reasonably forseeable problems that may arise?
( :( I didn't think so)

Its also a mistake to assume its a problem with the oven. It might be, but you don't know what the problem is, so its difficult to assign blame.

I feel your pain. Read through any of my old stuff on here and you will quickly find that youre not alone.

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
All 60 units came out perfectly. Must be temp problem cooked at 1530 120 instead of 1500. Calibration next I guess. Got a friend dropping a calibration disc off today.

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
Hey guys been a month and problem back. Ran well after I ran a blank ht white pieces in it and now a month later stuff coming in under sintered. My friend dropped off a ring for calibration has mth 329. Anyone know how to use this. I have a nabertherm lht 02/17 lb speed. Running lava esthetics. Weird thing seems to be more a3 shades or d2 that has the rings running through the incisal where layers are underfired. Any help how to setup mth 329 calibration ring would be awesome thx.

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
I ordered orton temp tab 700s. Guess problem found. I ran the temp tabs on 4 stacked trays. Temps very even except only getting up to 1445. Hold at 1500 2 hrs. That's a huge difference. Machine reading 1500 and 1445 internal. Thermo couple? What you guys think. I sent data log to nabertherm and they said it's working flawlessly. Just everything under almost 60 degrees lol