'Plaster-less' articulator

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Any decent Galetti knock offs out there?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't buy the one on ebay with the allen head set screws. I have one and it is total junk. When youtighten the setscrews it moves everything no matter how careful you are. Threw it away when moving and I'm a pack rat.

Edit: I usually see them called 'magic articulators'

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The one partially showing in the top of the higher picture is the complete junk.

@Denture Dude let me know what you think of those/that after you try one, might get myself one too.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I have both. And shelved them. Magic is pot metal and broke from tightning. The white one is strong, but you'll go on and on trying to adjust your casts to make the VDO line up enough to lock down. They are neat on paper, but for speed, you can't beat a barn hinge with fast set plaster. If you want removable mounts, just get a basic Keystone 3-hole magnetic. They're about the best all around denture articulator unless you wanna get fancy (Whipmix,Denar,etc)
I've used about every articulator cheap to exspensive. That's what I would pick.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
I have both. And shelved them. Magic is pot metal and broke from tightning. The white one is strong, but you'll go on and on trying to adjust your casts to make the VDO line up enough to lock down. They are neat on paper, but for speed, you can't beat a barn hinge with fast set plaster. If you want removable mounts, just get a basic Keystone 3-hole magnetic. They're about the best all around denture articulator unless you wanna get fancy (Whipmix,Denar,etc)
I've used about every articulator cheap to exspensive. That's what I would pick.
Can confirm, pot metal and a waste of time. Threw mine out.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I use the keystone magnetics as well for my full dentures and partial frames. Was looking at the geletti type for simple acrylic partials and such. Plaster is pretty cheap tho.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Any decent Galetti knock offs out there?
I've had some very decent results with the "Enzo" articulator in a pinch when better functional controls are required. I hate the way some plastic articulators are so locked in in movements.
Let's go back to Bonwill's Triangle. 4 " between Condyles and 4" from condlye to incisal's edges of Mandibular centrals. The "Arc" dictated by the articulator is to represent those distances. Most or our plastic versions do not compare with those. Arcs ie; Denar, SAM, Artech are far more accurate on this level. When I use the virtual atriculator in CAD, I try to position models as best to respect this. Try to keep in mind these proven gnatalogical concepts and arcs, are real. With respect to the "Enzo" it gets better in being further away for the centers of rotation, condyles, and is pretty simple to use. Only consideration is their mounting plates need to be used. A little glue & freeze and you're done. Usually pop these plates off and not return them the Dr.'s.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I've had some very decent results with the "Enzo" articulator in a pinch when better functional controls are required. I hate the way some plastic articulators are so locked in in movements.
Let's go back to Bonwill's Triangle. 4 " between Condyles and 4" from condlye to incisal's edges of Mandibular centrals. The "Arc" dictated by the articulator is to represent those distances. Most or our plastic versions do not compare with those. Arcs ie; Denar, SAM, Artech are far more accurate on this level. When I use the virtual atriculator in CAD, I try to position models as best to respect this. Try to keep in mind these proven gnatalogical concepts and arcs, are real. With respect to the "Enzo" it gets better in being further away for the centers of rotation, condyles, and is pretty simple to use. Only consideration is their mounting plates need to be used. A little glue & freeze and you're done. Usually pop these plates off and not return them the Dr.'s.
Should have said All Arcs. The mandible is a 3 dimensional object moving through space and time - Engineering. Lots of Documentation on this subject.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Let's go back to Bonwill's Triangle. 4 " between Condyles and 4" from condlye to incisal's edges of Mandibular centrals. The "Arc" dictated by the articulator is to represent those distances. Most or our plastic versions do not compare with those
e8befc71-a557-4e46-90c8-7021c5b1d9c2_text.gif

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback everyone. Thank u

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Plus, he's got great hair.
MG_7398_BatisteSafontRocafot2.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@Doris A you were not on the list of people I thought would know The Prodigy. Surprised me a bit.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
@Doris A you were not on the list of people I thought would know The Prodigy. Surprised me a bit.
I forgot Winston Wolfe fronted The Prodigy.😀

Is that Willem Dafoe on guitar and backing vocals?

giphy (1).gif