Pinless triple tray system (UK)

C

CraigDT

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a pinless model system to speed up the model process, currently using the pindex system and it's too time consuming.

I have seen the artimax & monotrac systems,

Main requirements are a UK supplier and cost effective as i'm going to use it for economy work only,

Thanks in advance

G

greener1031

Reaction score
Abbey dental supply UK distributor for artimax

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Amann Girbach has a nice system also you should check out

Aronov Ilya

Aronov Ilya

Reaction score
Please look into Elident.com No Pins and Glue Necessary. It speeds up the processes also, reusable as well.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Is monotrac reusable? Because when removing the outer U piece which gives the smooth outer edge to the model I don't understand how I can put it back to my monotrac so I poure in it a new model (I just bought the monotrac set) ty guys in advance

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Edy, it's good to see you again, it's been awhile :)

O

omsk

Reaction score
I'd recommend Artimax. I've tried monotrac and the only thing I didn't like as much was the single hinge and that thinner dies don't work as well.

Artimax has thinner silver pins where the spacing between pins is limited. It can also be adapted to be used on full size articulators.

AG is great but too expensive IMO.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Edy, it's good to see you again, it's been awhile :)
Hi my friend, my first post since 2014 I guess hehe, i closed my lab after my pop died back in 2014(we had lab+clinic business),since I work at a new lab at some awesome folks and do only dentures =),so I had less questions with that lately hehe, Im now trying to help a friend who want to sell monotrac system in Israel (we never had thus here).. And I'm trying to understand how I reuse it because I can't see how to put back the wall to pour plaster again =)

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I'd recommend Artimax. I've tried monotrac and the only thing I didn't like as much was the single hinge and that thinner dies don't work as well.

Artimax has thinner silver pins where the spacing between pins is limited. It can also be adapted to be used on full size articulators.

AG is great but too expensive IMO.
HI my friend, I'm using and trying to start selling the monotrac system in my country only because Al loves it =)

O

omsk

Reaction score
HI my friend, I'm using and trying to start selling the monotrac system in my country only because Al loves it =)

I didn't realize this post was old D:

I don't think the monotrac system is reusable. Once you cut off the plastic tab around the model you cannot reattach it. You could reuse the hinges but they pretty much come together with the bases I believe.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I didn't realize this post was old D:

I don't think the monotrac system is reusable. Once you cut off the plastic tab around the model you cannot reattach it. You could reuse the hinges but they pretty much come together with the bases I believe.
Really? I was sure it's reusable, I tried 10 minutes ago to reattach the plastic tab and hold in place with wax and it worked.. Problem is it took me a while to hold it in place and wax it, I'm sure there is a way to do it easier that's why I'm asking, because I don't see how I can convince my mates to buy it if it's only a one time use, I have very economical pals =)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
The bases aren't reusable, although you could reuse the hinges.

Last edited:
A

aqdental

Reaction score
Is monotrac reusable? Because when removing the outer U piece which gives the smooth outer edge to the model I don't understand how I can put it back to my monotrac so I poure in it a new model (I just bought the monotrac set) ty guys in advance
just use some tape ( masking tape works well).

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Really? I was sure it's reusable, I tried 10 minutes ago to reattach the plastic tab and hold in place with wax and it worked.. Problem is it took me a while to hold it in place and wax it, I'm sure there is a way to do it easier that's why I'm asking, because I don't see how I can convince my mates to buy it if it's only a one time use, I have very economical pals =)

We use Monotrac and like it. It's not meant to be re usable but you can use a strip of denture wax to replace the plastic if you want but to be honest it's not worth the hassle.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I think it would be pretty easy to reattach the plastic tab with a few dots of hot glue. You could do it pretty quickly if you made a jig to hold it at the correct height.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
There has to be an easier way to save a buck fifty a unit instead of trying to reuse them. The labor of grinding and pinning and more stone should be the trade off.?
FWIW I like to have a dowel pin to hold, that’s why I use Mainstay trays.;) Just my two cents.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There has to be an easier way to save a buck fifty a unit instead of trying to reuse them. The labor of grinding and pinning and more stone should be the trade off.?
FWIW I like to have a dowel pin to hold, that’s why I use Mainstay trays.;) Just my two cents.
Totally agree. A pin makes many operations easier. But sooo many jokes.

S

stanleyn

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a pinless model system to speed up the model process, currently using the pindex system and it's too time consuming.

I have seen the artimax & monotrac systems,

Main requirements are a UK supplier and cost effective as i'm going to use it for economy work only,

Thanks in advance
monotrac is my choice, but I like "Horizontal" one horizontal-die-articulator-qty-100