Reaction score
So which is better :
Phrozen shuffle 2k , 1200$
Slash , 4000$

Here is the Slash information: Screenshot_20200517-235314.png

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I don't know much about Slash. Phrozen is a solid machine. It looks like Slash has a slightly larger build volume. You may want to hold off and look at some machines that are coming out with a 4K screen. They'll print faster and supposedly with more detail. I have an Epax x10 4K mono screen on preorder.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about Slash. Phrozen is a solid machine. It looks like Slash has a slightly larger build volume. You may want to hold off and look at some machines that are coming out with a 4K screen. They'll print faster and supposedly with more detail. I have an Epax x10 4K mono screen on preorder.
Reaaalyyyy, do let us know what you think. Please.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Reaaalyyyy, do let us know what you think. Please.
Sorry I haven't stopped by here in a while. The ship date on the Epax got pushed back again. I hope to see it soon.

Edit to add that on the 6th, Elegoo Saturn is on pre order. 4k mono screen and larger build volume. The Elegoo Mars, it's predecessor, is considered a hobby machine, but, as other threads on this forum illustrates, those printers can be used in the dental arena. The preorder on the Saturn is around $300 plus shipping.... when it goes to regular price I think it'll fall in the $600-800 range.

MetalMachine

MetalMachine

Reaction score
I'm considering Phrozen Sonic 4K XL and Uniz Slash 2. They both look pretty similar on paper, but Phrozen is cheaper and the structure seem more robust. Metal vat and dual linear rail + ball skrew instead of plastic vat and single rail + ball skrew. I don't have any experience of resin printers but I could imagine that two rails makes Z axis steadier. Slash 2 could be faster, but if you are printing dental materials you have to follow resin manufacturer's orders for curing times. Printing small objects it really doesn't matter if the machine let's you print layer 1-2 seconds faster. Specially if you don't have a patient sitting in a chair.

After reading about Uniz's issues Phrozen is getting more interesting. Uniz doesn't seem very reliable company. Chinese company registered to California only to market themselves as American? And due to politics i would rather by Taiwanese machine than Chinese.. Phrozen includes Formware slicer, which seems a bit versatile than Uniz's.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Phrozen is a solid company. I don't have any of their machines, but I know a couple of people that run theirs regularly.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
We're running 3 phrozens. Accuracy is spot on, print speed is decent for the price. Misprints are very rare once you get settings for the resin dialed in. Their weak point is in the LCD screen- UV light eventually kills them and they are EXTEMELY fragile- if there are any bits of cured resin floating in the tank, it will start damaging the screen very quickly, so LCD screens have become kind of a consumable. All of the budget printers will eventually move to monochrome LCD screens which are more durable and can cure much faster. That being said, for the price they've been absolute workhorses.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Early on, I heard / saw/ some bad reports on the Uniz printers. The high speed dropped the accuracy wayyyy down. Wasn't at Dental levels. The new machines do look compelling. I would talk to the guys at ultimate3dprintingstore.com and see what they have to say. The team there uses all the printers as well as sells them.