Phrozen Sonic Mini 4k or Anycubic Mono SE

• Thread starter Jack_the_dentureman
  • Start date
Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Thankyou, but im using phrozen sonic 4k and phrozen aqua gray 4k resin, do you know the resin settings to get the best fit?
I would start with the manufacturers setting, run a test and see where you're at. Every LCD screen is going to be a little different and there are other factors like the thickness of your model and ambient temperature.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
So how would I go about finding the settings for a Sprintray resin to work on a Sonic Mini 4K? I just got my Sonic mini today and wanted to test out some prints using Sprintray Model and Die 2 resin. I know Keystones settings but I don’t want to waste the custom trays resin on tests.

brutal85

brutal85

Reaction score
Check here

On the bottom you can pick Sonic 4k (non-mini) as it has all the dental resin profiles and it's similar to mini.
No Sprintray there, but take a look at some other model resin brands and their times.. that should give you some idea where to start.

And calibrate with a few prints of this or any other tried STL test file.
You will waste less resin on that than on a single failed print.
It's so worth doing it.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Check here

On the bottom you can pick Sonic 4k (non-mini) as it has all the dental resin profiles and it's similar to mini.
No Sprintray there, but take a look at some other model resin brands and their times.. that should give you some idea where to start.

And calibrate with a few prints of this or any other tried STL test file.
You will waste less resin on that than on a single failed print.
It's so worth doing it.
Love the work around. I noticed in Chitubox they had Nexdent Denture Resin. Went to Nextdent website and couldn’t find any validation for Phrozen printers. Make sense since they would instantly lose all there printer based income.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Love the work around. I noticed in Chitubox they had Nexdent Denture Resin. Went to Nextdent website and couldn’t find any validation for Phrozen printers. Make sense since they would instantly lose all there printer based income.

I don't think that is the case at all. I bet it has something to do with the compatibility between the resin and the material of the buildplate/platform.

Printer and resin manufacturers go through validations for a reason. But too many people are off playing with biocompatible materials and hobby printers for it to change.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Got my Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K this Monday. Plug and play out the gate. Only issue was figuring out the firmware update so Chitubox and the printer can communicate properly.

Printed 7 custom trays so far using Keystone Tray resin all successfully. The build plate allows me to set 4 endenturlous trays close to 90 degrees. Still takes a while to print at that angel but I’m 13 trays away from ROI. I can easily buy another Sonic Mini dedicated for Keystone nightguard’s and the other for trays. Not doing models so much (removable lab) but as soon as the demand increases I’ll be getting a third for models.

Still plan on getting an Asiga for dentures and teeth. I think for us as a removable lab having three Sonic Mini’s for custom trays, nightguad’s and models (if demand deems it necessary) is still more cost effective at $1,500 (including shipping) then getting a “dental” printer at a much higher price point.

On a side note Phrozen just partnered with Saremco for a permanent crown resin with 510k clearance. May not be validated on the mini but the other printer are still very affordable compared to the other “dental” printers.

Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
If something isnt validated it just means they haven't come up with their own exposure settings for a particular printer. You can print any resin you want on the phrozen printers if you take the time to do exposure tests

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
If something isnt validated it just means they haven't come up with their own exposure settings for a particular printer. You can print any resin you want on the phrozen printers if you take the time to do exposure tests
NO- validation is more than just getting it to work when you are talking about medical devices.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
What's the difference? I'm curious
I don't claim to be an expert but know that there are changes that need to be made to the IFU and resubmitted to the FDA with a letter.
The resin manufacturer would be the one completing the filing however the parties agree to proceed with testing/validation (its not a one-sided venture unless the resin MFG is the printer and curing light MFG).

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
As doc in US you dont need it as Lab in US and Europe docs too you need it !!! no validation on class 1 or 2 a products ( night guard, provisional, prosthesis and so on) nothing to print legal !!! The resin manufacturer is king he has to validate resin used printers used curing units and cleaning process written in the ifu . Your printer or curing unit is not part of the ifu your not allowed to do this for patients except US docs for some reason !!!

Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
As doc in US you dont need it as Lab in US and Europe docs too you need it !!! no validation on class 1 or 2 a products ( night guard, provisional, prosthesis and so on) nothing to print legal !!! The resin manufacturer is king he has to validate resin used printers used curing units and cleaning process written in the ifu . Your printer or curing unit is not part of the ifu your not allowed to do this for patients except US docs for some reason !!!
It makes sense to me IMO. The resin needs to be validated through the FDA process I understand, but why would a printer or curing unit? Every curing unit and printer is different. LCD screens and bulbs from the curing unit age and an adjustment with exposure settings or curing time would need to be adjusted over time. Maybe I'm way off here and someone from the resin company can clue me in

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
IMO I can’t wait for Keystone to make a denture resin. They are one of the first, maybe even first, to make low cost printers that are not “dental” validated for their resin. My $400 Sonic Mini 4K does custom trays, nightguards and modes all validated by Keystone. Let the free market do its job and allow competition to thrive. I’m seriously looking at the Sonic 4k 2022 made by Phrozen and designed specifically for the dental industry. Has all the features of a $10-25,000 printer at $2,500.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
IMO I can’t wait for Keystone to make a denture resin. They are one of the first, maybe even first, to make low cost printers that are not “dental” validated for their resin. My $400 Sonic Mini 4K does custom trays, nightguards and modes all validated by Keystone. Let the free market do its job and allow competition to thrive. I’m seriously looking at the Sonic 4k 2022 made by Phrozen and designed specifically for the dental industry. Has all the features of a $10-25,000 printer at $2,500.
I didn't know Phrozen was coming out with a "dental" printer. I'll look into it. Epax also has some nice printers suited for dental. They're basically the X and E series, but with a lower z height and a heated vat. My X10 with the 8k screen does wonderfully with crown and bridge models.

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
Anyone can help me solve this problem ? Im a beginner in 3d printing
I have tried twice but the model support cannot contact each other

Attachments

• IMG-20220630-WA0056.jpeg
    IMG-20220630-WA0056.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 49
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
How are you setting up the .stl files in the slicer software?

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Printed this on the 4k mini

Attachments

• 20220803_092611.jpg
    20220803_092611.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220803_092549.jpg
    20220803_092549.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 40