Reaction score
try American Dental Supply inc. glaze and stain medium 1 800-558-5925

works on everything including 2th's spamwich

tumblr_ojyrhndE341u501aoo1_400.gif

lol...nice edit addition :D

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Just called Zahn. They had ~160 of the universal glaze medium in stock, but no universal glaze powder, time to find that replacement.

Has anyone used the Dentsply universal overglaze, otherwise I'll try the emax powder glaze. I mainly use it with add on porcelains to help
lower the firing temps, and create a pit free surface when doing add ons for pfm's, emax and zirconia restorations.

Have you tried the Ivocolor Glaze? Great stuff that I would use, even if I didn't work for IV. MADE to fire on all ceramics (PFM, Zirconia, e.max, empress) whether layered or full contour. Zirconia, e.max and Empress fire at 710C, whether layered or monolithic. PFMs fire between 800C to 830C (unless they are really low fusing like IPS Style, which fires at 750C).

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Have you tried the Ivocolor Glaze? Great stuff that I would use, even if I didn't work for IV. MADE to fire on all ceramics (PFM, Zirconia, e.max, empress) whether layered or full contour. Zirconia, e.max and Empress fire at 710C, whether layered or monolithic. PFMs fire between 800C to 830C (unless they are really low fusing like IPS Style, which fires at 750C).

Thank you, Patrick :) That is the powder form, right? And just for added bonus, does it flouress?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
M

MolarMania

Reaction score
If
Just called Zahn. They had ~160 of the universal glaze medium in stock, but no universal glaze powder, time to find that replacement.

Has anyone used the Dentsply universal overglaze, otherwise I'll try the emax powder glaze. I mainly use it with add on porcelains to help
lower the firing temps, and create a pit free surface when doing add ons for pfm's, emax and zirconia restorations.
If you’re talking about the Celtra Overglaze, I like it..use it on Emax regularly. Was introduced to it by a tech who swears by it. They have one for Zirc also that’s high fluorescent.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Powder or Paste, Fluo or regular in either form.

Here is a link to the webshop so you can see what is available. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.ivoclarvivadent.us/c/All-Ceramics/c/all-ceramics?q=:relevance:ivo-brands-1:IPS+Ivocolor

Thank you, Patrick. I called and got a price quote. On my next order I will give the 1.8 gram fluo jar a try and see if the price difference is worth it compared to the ADS glaze.

If

If you’re talking about the Celtra Overglaze, I like it..use it on Emax regularly. Was introduced to it by a tech who swears by it. They have one for Zirc also that’s high fluorescent.

I'm thinking that if I can simplify it with 1 universal glaze powder will help, instead of 1 for emax and 1 for zirconia. I do appreciate your info and post, though, keep them coming, MM :)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Car 54, post: 284685, member: 85
I'm thinking that if I can simplify it with 1 universal glaze powder will help, instead of 1 for emax and 1 for zirconia. I do appreciate your info and post, though, keep them coming, MM :)[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen ads in our trade rags, thought I’d look them up.

62157C84-B66E-45D4-816F-2D0FF53C4EE4.png