Peek

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What was the ratio for investment expansion? Special investment or what you normally use?
Are you in the States?

A

aqdental

Reaction score
What was the ratio for investment expansion? Special investment or what you normally use?
Are you in the States?
Hi, investment is quadvest, same ratio as x e.max and units were a little " tight". Next one I will increase liquid %. I think any investment for pressable will work. For now I'm still testing. I have some larger cases to do but I need some more time. So far all good. I will post more stuff soon.
I'm in Australia btw.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hi, investment is quadvest, same ratio as x e.max and units were a little " tight". Next one I will increase liquid %. I think any investment for pressable will work. For now I'm still testing. I have some larger cases to do but I need some more time. So far all good. I will post more stuff soon.
I'm in Australia btw.
Thanks for the info. What is the press temperature?

A

aqdental

Reaction score
20 min hold at 400 (bio hpp) .

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
A lot of folks are switching from PEEK to PEKKTON because its more user friendly. The Canadians now have it (Swiss N Metal),and its here in the USA as well (Anaxdent),should be released (FDA approved) in the next month. :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
A lot of folks are switching from PEEK to PEKKTON because its more user friendly. The Canadians now have it (Swiss N Metal),and its here in the USA as well (Anaxdent),should be released (FDA approved) in the next month. :)
Do you have the links for these neighbour?

Javier Ricalde

Javier Ricalde

Reaction score
question, why no pressing on abutment? 400 degrees would affect much to Ti ?.what cement you used cement

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Actually Bredent's is not PEEK . It is enhanced PEEK . The raw material is PEEK , and they also added ceramic in it . That is why they call it BioHPP . I have done a few cases , all-on-4 included . IMO , those HPP (High Performance Polymers) , such as BioHPP , Juvora PEEK , C&M Pekkton , are the future for implant cases .

This is the all on 4

A

aqdental

Reaction score
question, why no pressing on abutment? 400 degrees would affect much to Ti ?.what cement you used cement
Yes you can. This was my first one which I cemented but you can press directly to Ti ( you may need some retentions and sandblasting I guess). I don't have a protocol in place yet, I'm following some groups on FB. Not much help here in Australia.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Actually Bredent's is not PEEK . It is enhanced PEEK . The raw material is PEEK , and they also added ceramic in it . That is why they call it BioHPP . I have done a few cases , all-on-4 included . IMO , those HPP (High Performance Polymers) , such as BioHPP , Juvora PEEK , C&M Pekkton , are the future for implant cases .

This is the all on 4

Hi Drizzt, this is exactly why I got interested in Peek ( pekkton etc.). After seeing some really beautiful work on FB ( like this one). I have one sitting on my bench waiting to be pressed, just need few more try with the stuff. I will post some pictures ( if successful :) ).

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I'm still wondering about plaque retention? Especially on a peek abutment?

Beautiful work drizz!

A

aqdental

Reaction score

Beautiful work drizz!
Fair question, many implant company use peek as healing abutment which is a testimony to pekk's good tissue response. Material is very compact and dense (no porosity) and can be polished really well.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

Beautiful work drizz!

Jason , they claim that it behaves better than anything . And I don't have reason not believe them .

It doesn't react with anything in the oral enviroment and it is 100% biocompatible . Juvora is using it for more than 10 years , over 10.000 cases I think are already placed in the mouth and work . In any case , the whole philosophy of the material is really great for implant cases .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi Drizzt, this is exactly why I got interested in Peek ( pekkton etc.). After seeing some really beautiful work on FB ( like this one). I have one sitting on my bench waiting to be pressed, just need few more try with the stuff. I will post some pictures ( if successful :) ).

I haven't pressed any , I only mill it since I have the mill . Two friends of mine , Phil Redington and Lee Mullins from Leeds , UK , are experts on HPP , and they are doing amazing things with them ! If you follow them , then you should hget one or two usefull tips for pressing it . The Bredent sprue technique works greatly . Lee is pressing a Piku-plast copy if the wax up .

A

aqdental

Reaction score
I haven't pressed any , I only mill it since I have the mill . Two friends of mine , Phil Redington and Lee Mullins from Leeds , UK , are experts on HPP , and they are doing amazing things with them ! If you follow them , then you should hget one or two usefull tips for pressing it . The Bredent sprue technique works greatly . Lee is pressing a Piku-plast copy if the wax up .[/QUOTE
. The FB groups are great, lots of pictures and lot to learn from. I'm sure your work is on there as well , good stuff. What is your protocol for bondig: alox and visiolink? I found a study that claims 1 min in 98%
sulfuric acid gives the best bonding value.