Peek milling strategy

U

Uliana

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Please share your experience on milling PEEK. What should be the strategy? Is it wet or dry milling? Maybe someone can give me strategy for ImesIcore or advice how can I create/adjust the existing one for Pmma for example?
Will appreciate any feedback.
Thank you

G

grantoz

Reaction score
wet milling is best. And dont try and burn out the cement between the ti base and the peek i know one pecker head that tried this he wanted to reglue a ill fitting peek bar because it wasnt right down so he put it in the furnace to burn out the cement ,how do these idiots get jobs.ah yes wet milling on high quality strategy.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i run a 4mm 1flute roughing tool 135m/min, 0.15 mm Fz, around 1600mm/min feed.

2mm 126m/min, 0.05 Fz, 2000 mm/min feed

1mm 79m/min 0.05 Fz, 2500 mm/min feed.

the exact choice of toolpaths and engagements to accomplish my milling time i keep to myself, but this is about middle of the road for safe cutting, because it is good for pmma, wax, peek, zirconia, acetal and virtually all soft materials.

you need to go fast through soft materials. this (1mm @ 2500mm/min) is faster than some machines can go, but safe for the good imes mills (350+)

i chew through a 25mm full arch denture in just over 2 hours. more if the part has lots of holes or undercuts. i'm working on a method to reduce that by at least 30%

for peek and polycarbonate you want to mill wet. for acetal use air, i prefer milling pmma wet due to improved surface finish. dry tends to cut rough and break tools, even with air. plus the static is bad. so for me wet is good.

U

Uliana

Reaction score
wet milling is best. And dont try and burn out the cement between the ti base and the peek i know one pecker head that tried this he wanted to reglue a ill fitting peek bar because it wasnt right down so he put it in the furnace to burn out the cement ,how do these idiots get jobs.ah yes wet milling on high quality strategy.
thank you, I will not put it in the furnace

U

Uliana

Reaction score
i run a 4mm 1flute roughing tool 135m/min, 0.15 mm Fz, around 1600mm/min feed.

2mm 126m/min, 0.05 Fz, 2000 mm/min feed

1mm 79m/min 0.05 Fz, 2500 mm/min feed.

the exact choice of toolpaths and engagements to accomplish my milling time i keep to myself, but this is about middle of the road for safe cutting, because it is good for pmma, wax, peek, zirconia, acetal and virtually all soft materials.

you need to go fast through soft materials. this (1mm @ 2500mm/min) is faster than some machines can go, but safe for the good imes mills (350+)

i chew through a 25mm full arch denture in just over 2 hours. more if the part has lots of holes or undercuts. i'm working on a method to reduce that by at least 30%

for peek and polycarbonate you want to mill wet. for acetal use air, i prefer milling pmma wet due to improved surface finish. dry tends to cut rough and break tools, even with air. plus the static is bad. so for me wet is good.
Thank you

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
thank you, I will not put it in the furnace
So what is the best way to remove the cement from peek ?