Pasty looking margins

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
My ep5000 took a little dump on me a couple days ago. I had to press in my Propress 100 for the first time in 5-6 years. Anyway the margins came out pasty looking . Thoughts/ Thanks

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thoughts...what we always ask for, pictures :) :)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The tweezers tip looks corroded as well ... Hmmmm2

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Interesting, it almost has the look of a pasty reaction layer, the rest of the unit looks good. You're using the same investment and ingots. Not sure if it needs a higher or lower temp? You're pretty industrious, I'm sure you probably thought about that one.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
..my original thought was investment breakdown. I took it from the burnout to the oven , then into pressing oven , only to have to abort and put it back into the burnout.. wait about another hour while I setup the the other press oven and then press.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Shiny is normally an indication of a cold press but in this case, it looks like not enough pressure.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
My ep5000 took a little dump on me a couple days ago. I had to press in my Propress 100 for the first time in 5-6 years. Anyway the margins came out pasty looking . Thoughts/ Thanks
I stopped pressing on the progress 100 years ago and went to Zubler, and never looked back, pro press 100 looking at me now tearing up😊but I hear you

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
..my original thought was investment breakdown. I took it from the burnout to the oven , then into pressing oven , only to have to abort and put it back into the burnout.. wait about another hour while I setup the the other press oven and then press.

So are you saying that the ingot soaked in the ring for that hour while setting up the Pro100?

Top Bottom