Password for usb interface on D700

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have till some issues with my D700 scanner and need to explore possible ways to solve it.

When I installt Scansuite 4.33 or 4.34 and run the software, it ask me which scanner I will use and list some scanners. The D700 is one of them in the list.
If I choose D700 and press Ok. The software asks me for a password!!

I would appreciate if, anyone here know what kind of password it is or where I can get it?

Thanks

user name

user name

Reaction score
Are you using Chrome? open the Settings link from the main menu and choose Show advanced settings. Click Manage passwords to bring up a list.
If there are a lot of entries here, use the search box to look for part of a URL. You can then click on an entry and select Show to see the password—Chrome will prompt you for the username associated with your Windows or Mac account to prove you are who you say you are before showing the password.

If Firefox is your browser of choice, choose Options then Options from the menu. Switch to Security and click the button marked Saved Passwords to bring up the database. Again, you can search for entries or simply scroll down the list. Click Show Passwords to reveal your login information. Anyone you can sit down at your computer can go through the same process, which is another good reason to protect your OS user account with a password.

Internet Explorer...You need to head to Control Panel, then search for "Credential Manager"—click Manage Web Credentials when the results appear on screen. Expand the entry of the site you want to look at and choose Show next to the starred out password. You'll be prompted for your Windows user account password as an extra level of security, and if you can prove your identity then the password will be displayed on screen.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
try

scan

it is(was?) the default password on pcs sent with 3shape scanners.

Edit: and this makes no sense. The only time you should get a password prompt, as far as I know, is when logging into the system and when trying to change deep settings.

I wonder if you may be having the Windows OS ask you for a password to allow installation of a new piece of hardware/software. They can be set up that tight/strict with UAC (User Account Controls, what drove everyone nuts with Vista)

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
That jogs my brain. I forgot!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Try the name of the PC or the IP address of the pc. I know this from when installing scansuite on a client pc, it looks for the dongle. So i enter the name of the server.

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
Are you using Chrome? open the Settings link from the main menu and choose Show advanced settings. Click Manage passwords to bring up a list.
If there are a lot of entries here, use the search box to look for part of a URL. You can then click on an entry and select Show to see the password—Chrome will prompt you for the username associated with your Windows or Mac account to prove you are who you say you are before showing the password.

If Firefox is your browser of choice, choose Options then Options from the menu. Switch to Security and click the button marked Saved Passwords to bring up the database. Again, you can search for entries or simply scroll down the list. Click Show Passwords to reveal your login information. Anyone you can sit down at your computer can go through the same process, which is another good reason to protect your OS user account with a password.

Internet Explorer...You need to head to Control Panel, then search for "Credential Manager"—click Manage Web Credentials when the results appear on screen. Expand the entry of the site you want to look at and choose Show next to the starred out password. You'll be prompted for your Windows user account password as an extra level of security, and if you can prove your identity then the password will be displayed on screen.

I am trying to install scanner on a new computer. I think your idea is to search for a password which is stored in a webbrowser, but that will not possible because the are no passwords stored. Or do I have missed something?

M

Murat Alp

Reaction score
try

scan

it is(was?) the default password on pcs sent with 3shape scanners.

Edit: and this makes no sense. The only time you should get a password prompt, as far as I know, is when logging into the system and when trying to change deep settings.

I wonder if you may be having the Windows OS ask you for a password to allow installation of a new piece of hardware/software. They can be set up that tight/strict with UAC (User Account Controls, what drove everyone nuts with Vista)

It could be the deep settings. In scansuite folder there is a program called usbinterface. This software are called when I run the scansuite 4.33 or 4.34 for the first time after an installation. It ask first first which scanner and then it asks for the password.