Partial metal denture fitting issue

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
Does anybody know tips and trick how to make the good fit partial framework?
Because after divest the frame and fitting to the master model which is gypsum type 3 (from the doctor),the model gypsum always abraded while fitting process, eventhough the model already applied with renfert hardener... so in the model the frame has a good seat but the reality in patient's mouth the frame cannot go in.

I ever read some articles that 3d printed model is more fit than use gypsum model because they said the 3d printed model cannot be abraded. So im thinking to scan and print the master model
Wdyt ?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents. Had to send framework back to a big 3D printed framework vendor because of what looked like
porosity in the frame where it will contact natural teeth. Looks like harder to get good finish compared to analog
days since not many willing to work with analog RPD frameworks.
I routinely use diestone (even DieKeen in the past) for RPD frameworks, and my RPD guy will be happy
to duplicate them in diestone for working model also.
Hope that helps,
LCM

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I promise you 3d printed models will abrade, maybe not as rapidly as stone. It sounds like you are taking the frame on and off the model too many times or forcing it to see where it fits.
You are casting these frames? Are your expansion ratios correct, adding only the correct amount of leftover buttons? Frameworks are hard that is why good ones are expensive.