Panthera Angled Drivers

user name

user name

Reaction score
Curious...
The new Straumann ASC I was told uses a unique screw. Does the Panthera work on it too?

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
As said, Straumann will use a unique screw head.
Instead us we are compatible with the original Straumann screw, way simplier.

Like that in a 4 straumann implant case and 1 is angulated you don't need 2 type of screws, with Panthera only 1 type of screw work for all 4.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Curious...
The new Straumann ASC I was told uses a unique screw. Does the Panthera work on it too?

Nope.. it’s a different head. When I get another one in I’ll check and see if a standard screw will work, but this driver will definitely not work with angled screws

I’ve also been looking into whether or not TRU uses the same “screw seat” on their angled products.. if so, I’ll just replace the screws instead of ordering another fricking bin full of crap to send to Dr’s that are too “important” to send the crap back they’ve borrowed.

Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I would be extra careful to switch different screws without measurements and comparing specs - unless you have the resources of the
likes of Panthera or DESS who can determine accurate specs so you don't end up short of the preload, or worse, strip the head . . .
Just my OCD talking here.
LCM

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Andrew - DESS makes an FDA approved non engaging ASC ti base (just not for Neoss). All of TRU's ti bases and now their ASC ti base are NOT FDA approved so they have not passed any tolerance or fit or stress/compression testing so you have a higher probability of increased micro movements, screw unloosening, debonding, and potentially implant failure. All labs should do their due diligence on the vendors they work with to ensure they comply with these requirements...not worth the risk to possibly save a few dollars.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Keith, I know your products well, and we order from you a lot.. now,
Would you be able to assure me that a 4mm base would support 20mm of acrylic on 4 sites?

Please don’t answer yes

I’m pretty sure it cost more to do it this way, but go ahead with the advertisement plug.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Nice “angled” shot for you guys... gold-adapt, designed in 3shape, Access cut in 3Shape, milled in acrylic, modified at the bench.. Panthera drivers in the background.

D38F55CE-F99C-4C01-A0F4-1746DFB77832.jpeg

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I would be extra careful to switch different screws without measurements and comparing specs - unless you have the resources of the
likes of Panthera or DESS who can determine accurate specs so you don't end up short of the preload, or worse, strip the head . . .
Just my OCD talking here.
LCM

And Katie is working with the TRU technicians to get the answers to my questions..
She came out to the lab and looked at what we were doing with the acrylic case.. they should have angled Neoss custom abutments released in a few weeks.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
In the implant world only 4 hexes are used within all the 400+ implant company i am aware of, with this kit it work with all those implant company since we cover all 4 hexes. All the other, there is no standard, but use the same know-how, it a Spanish company that have the patent on the screwdriver and Nobel, DESS, Atlantis, etc use all the same screwdriver and screw head but again their screws are different from original one, making everything more complicated.

Hope this help you.
Best

The compatibility chart
When is Panthera going to send me a “T” Shirt?

Last edited:
Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Andrew, we do not have t-shirt at the moment hahaha
we do have cool sunglass tho!

0c734680-5727-4a6b-8d80-661015671acf-original.jpeg

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Sunglasses.. Canadians are a little “off”.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
A7D5B60C-1B9A-425F-A2B0-32CB4CEA091E.jpeg 6DC1F079-E5B2-41B8-9852-7BDA54DE4720.jpeg E1A46598-4D3D-4883-9C78-064E7EDABFB3.jpeg AFA520D9-D49A-4938-B9BA-1142F5CC502B.jpeg
Notch cut in abutment

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Ok, the Straumann ASC uses a “Straumann ASC specific screw” with a different screw seat taper.... ex

A Straumann RC and an ASC RC have a completely different screw seat configuration. The parts ARE not compatible or “enterchangable”, so NO angled solutions can be achieved using a mix of ASC/Panthera.

Nobel ASC also provides ZERO solutions for ASC/Panthers paired use.

I’m speaking about the “manufacturers” Nobel and Straumann ASC products only.

TRU is showing many promising solutions.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
Just use DESS asc solution - FDA approved screws and ti bases....includes lifetime warranty on the straumann implant too...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Keith, we’ve been over this. The Dr’s want a Manufacturer specific abutment. All we change is the driver.

We have been over this “plugging threads with sales”. Please don’t.

Last edited:
Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Keith, we’ve been over this. The Dr’s want a Manufacturer specific abutment. All we change is the driver.

We have been over this “plugging threads with sales”. Please don’t.
Do I get that right: I keep using the same implant system, same screw, just make a good angulated screw channel? Why does it seem to be too easy?

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Do I get that right: I keep using the same implant system, same screw, just make a good angulated screw channel? Why does it seem to be too easy?

Why it should be more complicated ? hihihihihi

Yes you totally got it, same implant, same screw, but different screwdrivers when it more then 5-7 degree (under that original screwdriver will still work, depend of brand of implant) you can have more detail here :

PM me if you have more questions :)